Italian Tortellini Soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans ready-to-serve vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. uncooked dry cheese-filled tortellini
In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except basil and tortellini; mix well. Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
About 20 minutes before serving, stir basil and tortellini into stew. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
By LRP from LWL, MA
September 29, 20100 found this helpful
This sounds so good, LRP, and with Winter coming on I am going to give it a try! :-)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 9, 2016 at 5:28:11 PM on 10.0.0.86 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us