Tortellini Soup Recipes
Stuffed tortellini is delicious when added to a soup base. This page contains tortellini soup recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This is the easiest and most delicious recipe. Great for a chilly day along with some crusty bread and butter. It tastes amazing for having so few ingredients!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: about 3 quarts
- 48 fl oz chicken broth (large can) ($1.88)
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini ($1.98)
- 30 fl oz Italian style stewed tomatoes (2 cans) ($1.20)
- 9 oz fresh baby spinach (1 bag) ($2.00)
- 8 oz cream cheese (one block), cubed ($.99)
- Chop the stewed tomatoes and bring to boil along with the chicken broth.
- Add the tortellini and spinach. Simmer for the amount of time listed on your package of tortellini.
- Add the cubed cream cheese. Stir until melted and totally incorporated into soup.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cans chicken broth (14 oz. size)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 pkg. frozen cheese tortellini (16 oz.)
Combine chicken, chicken broth, veggies, cheese and herbs in 4 qt. saucepan. cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until carrots and celery are tender. Add pasta. Cook for 10 minutes longer.
By Robin from Washington, IA
This is a super tasty recipe I came up with for dinner the other night.
A hearty soup to usher in the cooler days. A definite tummy warmer, and pretty healthy, too!Read More...
August 23, 20180 found this helpful
This family-friendly meal is easy to put together with frozen tortellini. This page contains recipes for Italian tortellini soup.