Italian Tortellini Soup
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 203 Posts
September 28, 2010
Read More Comments
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans ready-to-serve vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. uncooked dry cheese-filled tortellini
In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except basil and tortellini; mix well. Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
About 20 minutes before serving, stir basil and tortellini into stew. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
By LRP from LWL, MA
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
Does anyone have a recipe for Italian Chicken Tortellini soup? I heard your are supposed to use escarole? Has anyone ever tried that?Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.