My Frugal Life: ThriftyFun Friendship

My tip is to keep looking on ThriftyFun, as you never know who you will find. In January 2008, I posted about my washable nappies. My Frugal LifeFrom that post, I met keeper60. Keeper60 lives in USA (we live UK) and has become a valuable member of my family. My children now have another Nanna, who they email, write, and send parcels to. We keep in touch daily.

ThriftyFun brought me the best friend I could ever have wanted. Thank you and thank you keeper60 for your friendship. We love you.

By ruth from UK

I have to agree with Ruth. I'm on TF daily but to see my name and Ruth's heart warming comments. Wow. We use our web cam also. Her 2 daughters warm my heart. Ruth is quite a crafty person. This year for my birthday Ruth made a shawl with material she got from a friend in Pakistan. What a treasured gift. Today I learned the girls got a fur baby (dog) that they named Albert.

Here's to many more years of treasured friendships here and across the miles.

Merry Christmas Ruth and family and to all here on TF. Because of some health hurtles this site is like a second family especially for those of us who live alone.

Keeper60

I love the people I have learned from on this site. They are wonderful, one, Debra and Paul, were right across the neighborhood, which I never would have known of, years ago, if I had not seen a post she put on my tip about reusable swiffer pads. We are great friends now! Other friends are involved with birds, and others are involved with opossums. We are all one big happy family on here.

Blessings,

Robyn

This is wonderful news for the holiday season. I play online scrabble at internet Scrabble club and many of the folks who live near each other get together regularly. I haven't actually met any of them but I do email several of them and I have sent out a few handmade gifts for weddings and such. With thriftyfun and ISC you start with a common interest. That is great!

Hi i was reading your comments about Keeper60 and as a daily user on thriftyfun i do agree with you. I too have had great responses from keeper60 and also from many other members on this fab site. It is just like having an extended family no matter what the request is someone always replies with a solution. So Many Many thanks to my wonderfull extended family at thriftyfun Luv N Hugs Helen xxx

I, too, have met a good friend on TF! She and I have had the opportunity to meet each other as we both live in the same state (Iowa). However, you don't need to be able to get together in person to make a wonderful friendship! That is wonderful that you have made a great friendship through TF! I have a daughter-in-law from England. She immigrated to this country and my son live herein IA. She hasn't seen her family for several years. She hopes to go see them in 2011 unless she and my son end up buying a home and then their spare cash will be spent. Anyway, God bless you and Keeper60!

I also have made some wonderful friends here at ThriftyFun and am so thankful for them and for ThriftyFun! I may never actually ever meet any one of you but I consider you family friends. Thank you so much for sharing your story of friendship with us! :-)

Those are all beautiful stories! I see I am not the only one who appreciates friendship! Thriftyfun is like a big happy family! :)

Frugal Living Advice
Frugal Living Advice
Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeDecember 15, 2010
ThriftyFun
Using ThriftyFun
Natural Cleaning Products
Thrifty Cleaning Ideas
Friendship Mobile
Making a Friendship Mobile
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
🎄