Squeezing the Last Out of a Tube

Instead of buying a clip for squeezing out your toothpaste, conditioner tubes, etc., put the tube down on the counter and with the handle of a screwdriver or hair brush, push from the bottom up to the cap end.

By ernai from Adelaide South Australia

For toothpaste I just use the handle of my toothbrush! For other things I tend to cut them open it is amazing what is left inside! I will take the top half that has been cut off and place it over the bottom to keep the lotion or whatever from drying out. For things like mustard or chocolate syrup cut it open and place the contents in a small container. You will be amazed how many uses are still in the bottle!

March 8, 2011 Flag

I use some face cream that comes in a tube. When I used it up, I was commenting to myself about how it didn't last very long, so I tried dragging the uncapped tube across the edge of the counter to see if I could squeeze any more out. I ended up squeazing out a surprising amount. I probably will get another 2 months use out of it. I had read about people who would split open the empty tube of toothpaste and I tried that once but it made such a mess that I promised myself not to do that ever again. This was a lot less messy.

By Holly

Saving Money on Toiletries
Saving Money on Toiletries
Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 8, 2011
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Putting Cream Back Into a Tube
Putting Cream Back Into a Tube
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal