Where Can I Buy Energine Cleaner?

I am having trouble finding Energine cleaner. Do you know what stores carry it? Thank you!

Lenore

Showing: Answers Sort

By Southernsister 1 Flag

I'm new to this website. I'm glad I found it because I found some useful information. Anyway, on the home page I saw your question. A while back, I was also looking for Energine Cleaner to clean my upholstery because I am unable to clean it with water or steam. I had read that you could use Energine on silk, corduroy, and some other fabrics. I called a cleaners and they didn't know. I looked at Lowe's, Home Depot and even grocery stores with no luck. Then, I called a local hardware store here in town and spoke with the manager. When I asked about Energine and what I wanted it for and that I couldn't find it anywhere he mentioned another name that does the same thing.

It is called "AFTA". It is an adhesive remover cleaning solvent. Cleans carpets and fabrics. It says that it cleans "S" coded fabrics. I looked at the tag on my couch and it was "S" coded. I didn't know that fabrics had different codes. The can says that it's also a Cleaner/Degreaser. It says professional strength formula. It's made by the same people that make "GOOF OFF" because that's on the can also. I don't know what you need it for, but I bought this can at my local hardware store here in Baton Rouge at Goodwood Hardware. I haven't used it yet, but plan on cleaning my upholstery this summer or I would tell you how it worked for me. I couldn't believe I couldn't find Energine anywhere in town. I can remember my mother having and using that product from way back. Hope this helps! Good Luck! Southernsister

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Grandma J 54 1,040 Flag

Old fashioned hardware stores or farm and home stores in the cleaning isle.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sharon Cross 19 61 Flag

Energine is no longer manufactured.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Phillip H. B. 1 Flag

Energine was simple, pure, 100% low-flash Naptha. It's what dry cleaners used to make before they switched to percoethylene.

You can still buy Naptha at most home centers like Lowe's, Home Depot, and Ace Hardwar, but be sure to buy only low-flash Naptha. High-flash naphtha will melt most plastics, which is what polyester is.

The best way to get low-flash Naptha is to buy Ronsonol lighter fluid. It comes in yellow plastic bottle and has a little pop-up squirter that makes it perfect for applying to spots. It's NOT butane. It's the kind of lighter fluid used in Zippo lighters. It is 100% low-flash Naptha, exactly like Energine. Same stuff.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jess 132 772 Flag

(submitted via email) The original question was asking about a cleaning fluid called Energine This product is no longer available. This gentleman says that Energine was 100% pure naphtha and that you could use naphtha in its place. I have a can of Energine and on it, it says 100% 1,1,1-Trichloroethane otherwise known as methyl chloroform. This is not naphtha and so using naphtha may or may not yield the same results.

Felix

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By James B. 1 Flag

I have a can of Energine that I am looking at this very moment. It says, and I quote, "Contains 100% Naphtha." No mention of Trichloroethane or any other ingredients. I also have some Zippo lighter fluid that cleans and smells exactly the same as Energine as far as I can tell.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

shopping for cleaners
Buying Energine Cleaner
Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 21, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
shopping for cleaners
Buying Energine Cleaner
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:30:15 PM on 10.0.0.94 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings