Sharing Plants and Cuttings

All of these plants (except 3) were donated to me by a fellow Thrifty Fun member. Last week I posted a question about inexpensive plants, and she contacted me and offered to share hers. All of these were taken directly from her grounds. They are doing great and are a fabulous starting point for me!

Thank you so much Myrna!

By tjest from Loveland, OH

They look happy in their new home. Now when they get big enough you can pass on the favor.

I just love how TF people help each other.

Good luck. GG Vi

Hello! The plant look great but I actually had a question about the awning you have on your front porch. My house is set longways and looks like yours is as well. I have been dying to get some kind of awning or to build a porch of some kind just to shelter my front door & windows from the rain. What is it that you have there overhead. It looks almost like a carport? If thats what that is, thats pretty clever! Thanks! :o)

That is so nice! They look wonderful!

That is so nice! They look wonderful!

June 24, 2009 Flag

When I was growing up, the women in my family and neighbors would exchange cuttings of plants - which is such a nice idea. Some plants are so easy to germinate from cuttings or slips - like spider plants. A gardener around here pulled a bunch of spider plants and I rescued from the trash to share with friends!

By Pam from Los Angeles

Sharing Plants and Cuttings

Pam, I am so glad that you rescued those plants from the trash. Some people just haven't learned yet about being thrifty and frugal and are still living with the "throw away" attitude. Whenever I dig up all the little plant offspring and I can't find anywhere else to use them in my garden, I place them at the road side with a sign that says free plants and everyone in the neighborhood stops to get some. There is always someone that could use extra garden plants, and it only takes a little effort to pass them onto someone else. (11/01/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

beautiful garden
Sharing Plants With Others
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsJune 24, 2009
Christmas Cactus
Starting a Christmas Cactus from Cuttings
raspberry plant
Propagating Plants by Layering
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Rooting Plants
Rooting Plants