Cleaning a Hand Blown Vase

I have a vase - hand blown - which was dusty when I opened the box it was shipped in. After I wiped it with a wet cloth (clean) it left the inside of the vase gray - when it is wet it looks perfect - when it dries it is gray. Can someone tell me how to restore it? I have attached an photo.

Robert from Dallas, TX

Mix some vinegar and water together 1/2 and 1/2 and pour into vase. swish it around and it should come out sparkling.

If it has a satin (dull) finish clean it with Armor All. That is what they recommend at Fenton.

Try a couple of denture cleaning tablets in the vase full of warm water. Let sit overnight, then rinse well.

I am wondering if this isn't the way it was made...The inside is naturally dull?...I doubt you will be able to change this...BUT...perhaps using the Armoral suggestion, will help with the appearance...You could also contact the person you purchsed it from, to see IF what you are seeing, is dirt/dust...

What a beautiful vase! Like a work of art.

I don't know if this will work for you, because my problem was different, but here it is.

I had a problem removing coffee stains and smells from my coffee thermos.

No matter what I used, no luck.

I then tried baking soda and hot water in the thermos. I thought I was have to soak it a long time, but in a few minutes and after swishing the water and baking soda around, I rinsed the thermos and the stains and smell were gone.

Maybe this would work for you too. I would not use hot water in your vase though.

Good luck.

You might also want to see if you have a local antique restorer in your town. I would imagine that they would have a perfect solution for you.

Clear carbonated water is a good source, because carbonated is like that of any product but without the harsh chemicals that leave it dull and gray. Carbonation is what I use to clean my windows with, because it leaves no streak only shine. Hope this works for you.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 8, 2006
Glass Vase
Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases
Light Bulb Vase
Making a Light Bulb Vase
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Yarn Wrapped Vase With Tulips
Making a Yarn Wrapped Vase
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 25, 2016 at 4:18:18 PM on 10.0.0.112 in 979 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.