"Damper" Bread

This is a quick and easy "bread" recipe. I make this often and my girls make a loaf as a dessert bread.

• 2 cups flour
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
  • pinch of salt
  • 3/4 - 1 cup milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Stir dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the milk. Stir until dough forms-adding a little more milk, if needed. Place the dough in a ball shape on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer doughy in the middle.

Note: You can also add 1 tsp. or so of cinnamon and/or mashed bananas to dough before baking.

By LisaE from WI

Hi LisaE. When I saw the start of your recipe, I wondered where the "Damper" came from--and if maybe it was "Dumper" (like the ol' dump-cake recipes: dump it all together sorta thing!). But I'm anxious to try your recipe. Life has made changes for me, and I do not have a traditional stove/oven. I do have a small table-top oven I got from our local thrift shop, and I think I can manage to bake this in it. I may try halving the recipe just in case! Bill likes to have "fat things" (pastries, to have with coffee) around, and this, with cinnamon & bananas, sounds like just the ticket! Will try to chat back after I've given it a try. Thanks for posting it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsApril 11, 2011
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
🎄
🍂