Garden: Cactus

When my husbands' father passed away, the family put his house on the market, shared out mementos and sold whatever couldn't be absorbed into their own homes.

Being a very keen gardener, I decided that a good way to honor his memory, and also remind us of his own love of gardening was to take some cuttings and bits and pieces from his garden and grow them myself.

We took one of a couple of ancient old wooden wheelbarrows and I turned it into "Jim's Cactus Garden." Now each time I see the cactus flower, and new shoots growing, I am reminded again of that fun and cheeky fellow, whom everyone loved.

Good wishes to all.

By Vicki from Australia

How very sweet and very thoughtful, its a good things your so good in the garden, now he will live on in everyone's heart and minds, each time you look at the flower's you will remember him.

It's very beautiful. What a lovely memorial.

Very touching.

Cactus Blossom
Cactus Blossom Photos
Photos GardenAugust 16, 2010
Pink Christmas Cactus
Getting a Christmas Cactus to Bloom
Christmas Cactus in bloom
Caring for a Christmas Cactus
Christmas Cactus
Starting a Christmas Cactus from Cuttings
Growing Cactus in Your Yard
Growing Cactus in Your Yard
🎉
🎄