Cactus Blossom Photos

Category Garden
Cactus for all of their prickliness have strikingly beautiful flowers. This is a guide about cactus blossom photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

When my husbands' father passed away, the family put his house on the market, shared out mementos and sold whatever couldn't be absorbed into their own homes.

Being a very keen gardener, I decided that a good way to honor his memory, and also remind us of his own love of gardening was to take some cuttings and bits and pieces from his garden and grow them myself.

We took one of a couple of ancient old wooden wheelbarrows and I turned it into "Jim's Cactus Garden." Now each time I see the cactus flower, and new shoots growing, I am reminded again of that fun and cheeky fellow, whom everyone loved.

Good wishes to all.

By Vicki from Australia

Garden: Cactus

Comment Like this photo? 7

Photo Description
I've had this cactus for 15 years and this is the third time it has blossomed. It doesn't last long and will soon fade, but it is always a happy surprise when it happens. It is surrounded by babies.

Photo Location
Kingston, PA

Comment Like this photo? 6

It will be hard to tell you what this little cactus blossom means to me. The cactus is a "direct descendant" of plants my family had when we worked in our family greenhouse in Knoxville TN. many years ago. We left that business in 1981, moving to this house where the cactus was lovingly planted.

The first one bloomed years ago, here, but it's "children" have proved their worth, and this one is blooming between two "crown of thorns" that nearly froze with the nasty winter we had. Shows you how hardy a little cactus can be. I have been through a lot since those days also, so it is fitting.

By Loretta

cactus flower

Comment Like this photo? 6

Photo Description
We were eating at a BBQ Restaurant and just had to take a picture of this beautiful yellow cactus blossom that was on their patio.

Photo Location
Garland, TX

Comment Like this photo? 2

I was taking a picture of this cactus between Camp Verde and Payson in Arizona. The best side of the cactus required that I was on the sunny side of it. Usually I try to avoid including my shadow, but in this instance it made the picture quite hilarious, and, in my opinion, a better picture than if I had zoomed in on just the cactus.

Click on Image for Larger View

By DearWebby
http://webby.com/humor

Shadow of Webby taking photo of purple flowering cactus.

Comment Like this photo? Yes