Garden: Cactus Blossom

It will be hard to tell you what this little cactus blossom means to me. The cactus is a "direct descendant" of plants my family had when we worked in our family greenhouse in Knoxville TN. many years ago. We left that business in 1981, moving to this house where the cactus was lovingly planted.

The first one bloomed years ago, here, but it's "children" have proved their worth, and this one is blooming between two "crown of thorns" that nearly froze with the nasty winter we had. Shows you how hardy a little cactus can be. I have been through a lot since those days also, so it is fitting.

By Loretta

In These Pages
Photos GardenMay 13, 2010
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-23 12:19:08 in 962 msecs. ⛅️️