Chili is Too Hot

I received a package of pre-made chili and the seasoning is too hot. How can I make it a milder chili?

By Joy from Cincinnati, OH

Add another can of beans to it; this may help; if not pass on to someone who likes hot foods! My sister used to have me over to her house and she ate jalapeno chili! Way to hot for me; so she added another can of regular beans to it; still pretty spicy for me; bread and butter eaten with it helped! (I did ask her never to do that again!)

Adding canned diced tomatoes with some or all of it's juice would help greatly! Just add a little at a time, stir and taste test as you go.

Add another can of tomatoes with juice and another can of beans. That should do it.

I add sour cream to my chili if it's too hot. Works great to cool it down.

There are several ways to "cool it down", you can use less of the seasoning, say half the amount and adjust from there. You can double the amount of tomatoes or sauce or both. Always remember the seasoning will get stronger as it cooks and cools. Good luck! Tess

Here is a chili recipe I make:

1 lb. ground beef or chili meat

1 14oz. can each of stewed tomatoes, pinto and or kidney beans

1/2 medium onion chopped

2 cloves garlic minced

2 tablespoons chili powder, I use Mexican style

1 tablespoon ground cumin

1 jalapeno whole (optional)

1/2 can beer (optional), can substitute water

Brown ground beef, drain excess fat and return to pan, then add onion and cook till translucent. Add garlic and spices, cook for 1 minute. Dump in beans and tomatoes, add beer or water to desired consistency. Drop in jalapeno and simmer for 20 minutes.

I hope this helps. It's cheap, easy and delicious.

P.S. I serve this with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese on top. Oh, and some homemade cornbread. YUMMY!

Spicy Chili
Chili is Too Spicy
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 30, 2010
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub