Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding the Current Value of Porcelain Dolls

There are many collectors of porcelain dolls. This guide is about determining the current value of porcelain dolls.

February 27, 2017 Flag

Baby doll in box.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many Betty Jane Cart dolls are highly collectible and have value amongst collectors. Rare dolls tend to be more valuable as they are desired by collectors of these porcelain dolls. This is a guide about finding the value of Betty Jane Carter dolls.

December 12, 2016 Flag

porcelain baby doll

This is a guide about finding the value of Crowne porcelain dolls. Porcelain dolls can have widely ranging values based on a number of variables.

March 10, 2017 Flag

I would like to know what the value of the porcelain doll I have is. She is 30 or more years old.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Look for markings on the doll. You may have to remove clothing. Then go to www.dollreference.com to try and identify it and determine its worth.

December 23, 2016 Flag

I have a porcelain doll from the 70s made by Milestone, Co. It's limited edition. It's brand new and still in the original case. How do I find out how much it is worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I am not familiar with the brand name Milestone but that doesn't matter as finding the value of any doll is usually done in the same way.

eBay is probably the largest auction site for dolls (and other things) so that is a good place to start. You have the doll so you can look for the brand name first and then look for the name of your doll. If the name is unknown then you can search for a doll that looks like yours. eBay also has listings for sold item (left hand side of page) so be sure to check there also.

Etsy also has dolls for sale and you can also Google the names or other information and see what you can find. I did not see any of these dolls on Replacements which is usually a good site to check.

I am sure there are other places but these are all I can think of right now.

The problem with dolls (of almost any kind) is they are very plentiful and usually are not very valuable (for resale). Limited Edition does not usually mean very much unless it really is a rare doll. Selling is difficult and shipping a doll is very expensive so that just adds to the cost of buying/selling.

check some of these sites and maybe you will find that you have a nice collectible doll.

Good luck

March 1, 2017 Flag

Cathay Native Libby Doll in pristine condition. It has never been out of original box. It comes with a certificate and when was it produced.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would take it to a doll dealer. Just because it has a certificate doesn't mean it is valuable. You can also go on dollreference.com before your visit.

March 1, 2017 Flag

I have these five beautiful Indian porcelain dolls that come from Paradise Galleries. They are over 12 years old and I was wondering what the value would be on them after all this time. They are in mint condition they come with a certificate.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

12 years is not a long time. You can go to www.dollreference.com since you know who made the dolls to start your search.

December 15, 2016 Flag

I have some Ashton Drake dolls that are about 20 years old. I would like to get a valuation on them to put them up for sale.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have 2 dolls. Not exactly sure how to find out what they are worth. I do know that I've had them for at least 11yrs.

January 25, 2017 Flag

I need help. I got 3 porcelain collectors dolls given to me and I have never had one. I want to know the value. I have been searching, but found only dead ends. Idk who makes them. They were given to me in a gift box with their stands.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've done the same n only found the Japanese doll selling on eBay for $100 but I'll go on pbs n see thanks I'll let u know

January 11, 2017 Flag

I have three beautiful Rustie dolls. Each one has #1 written on the neck under Rustie's signature. One is from 1996, the year I recently discovered that she won a prestigious award. I was wondering the value of these and I really would like to know their names as I discovered that they all have names.
Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would email one more time. Dollreference.com is another website you might want to try.

January 10, 2017 Flag

What is the value of #80073 Josephina porcelain windup doll?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are a lot of Josephina porcelain wind up dolls on eBay but I did not see any with your number.

You may have to look at photos and see if any of these dolls look like yours as sellers do not always put the number in their description heading as most of the dolls have a name and that is what they show.

Google has a lot of photos also and so does Pinterest (but you have to sign in on Pinterest to see photo information). Maybe you can look for your doll by name and find more information.

http://www.ebay  oll&_sacat=0

https://www.goo  YKHRiWAY4QsAQIHA

https://www.pin  546905499728938/

January 26, 2017 Flag

I have a 10" Opal Rose porcelain doll in its original box, even with the bubble wrap. It has the certificate of authenticity. She is #848 made of 5000. How much do you think she is worth?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

These dolls seem to be mass produced and not valuable. I saw one on liveauctioneers.com with a starting bid of $30.

November 2, 2016 Flag

I recently moved and still have my porcelain dolls at my mom's house, there's one for every month (dressed for that month). I got them as a gift each month from my grandmother, but never took them out of the plastic or box. I'm not sure how much they are worth. They come in pink boxes, but I can't remember the brand. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to dollreference.com to start your research.

October 21, 2011 Flag

I have about 20 or more porcelain dolls, in glass cases wrapped in plastic. None have ever been opened or touched. I also have a princess Diana doll in her wedding gown standing own a rod. How do I find out the value?

By Miranda T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Go to library as they have books on subject. Also contact the companies from which the dolls came. They would be able to connect you to someone who could tell you the value of the dolls.

March 7, 2011 Flag

I have several porcelain dolls which are registered and would like to know the value of them.

By Debra from Fresno, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Get a book from library on antique dolls, good luck.

September 7, 2016 Flag

How much should I pay for a Victoriana doll by Andrew Schofield? It has a certificate of authenticity and is a limited edition.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

it is actually pretty difficult to find out anything about these dolls. However, this site indicated that you could expect to pay 50 or 60 British pounds http://www.icol  ight-br_i1299590

August 29, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know the worth of this porcelain doll? It also has letters/numbers on back. I believe it is: 16JF602

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Without a name or a brand logo, it is very hard to tell even what year it's from. Dollreference.com provides a useful guide for identifying dolls.

This piece describes doll parts to identify them: http://dollrefe  /doll_marks.html

August 24, 2016 Flag

I have found an unopened Amy Alberon doll, in perfect condition. She still has her high chair, teddy, bowl, and spoon. Her certificate says she is 1980 out of 5000, she is a part of a limited edition exclusive to Westminster Editions. I have been looking online to find any information about or her value. I have only found one other doll that was sold at auction, but it does not say how much it was sold for. If you have any information about her or her value please comment. Thank you very much.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

on ebay I am seeing these sorts of dolls going for anywhere from $8 to $20 though some folks seem to be asking a lot more http://www.ebay  md=1&_ipg=50

the fact is, a lot of these so-called 'collector' dolls do not have a lot of value. The market is saturated with them and the demand is just not there. This professional doll site has this to say about it: "Modern porcelain collector dolls sold from about the 1980s to present, were meant to appeal to adult doll collectors, not children. The theory was; buy it, keep it in the box or debox, but keep it unplayed with, after some time passes, you'll be able to sell it for more money than your original purchase and make a profit. Dolls were easily found in department stores, grocery store toy aisles, card shops, toy stores and on TV from QVC etc. The quantities sold of each collector doll could be large, it's the sheer quantity of all available porcelain collector dolls today, that is determining the current value, as they flood the market place, online and elsewhere..... Sad to say, but these dolls are now available in such large quantities they have little to no value today." http://dollrefe  ector_dolls.html

July 29, 2016 Flag

I have had this porcelain doll ever since I was born which is 18 years and it was given to me by my deceased aunt. I can't find a tag or any stamps on her, but I am trying to figure out how much my doll cost? Can anyone help me?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

She looks very nice, but looks liek the sort of doll which was in a sense mass produced since the 80s and therefore probably does not have anything like massive monetary value.

STill, you can look at these tips on how to find the value of the doll: "People often ask; What is the value of my doll?

Once you have identified who or what type of doll you have, to find a dolls price, value, worth to buy or sell, here's our tip;

with the name, maker or type of doll, use the below link to; Ebay Advanced Search - Find Items - Doll Sold Listings

- fill in the details on the form on the page link, check the Completed Auctions Only box and you will see recently

sold doll prices which are shown in green and that's as current a doll value, as you can get.

> ebay Advanced Search - Find Doll Sold Value < http://rover.eb  38%26_from%3DR40

(from dollreference.com)

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousAugust 19, 2012
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Baby doll in box.
Finding the Value of Betty Jane Carter Dolls
porcelain baby doll
Finding the Value of Crowne Porcelain Dolls
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 4:26:24 PM on 10.0.0.60 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.