Find the Value of Goldenvale Porcelain Dolls?

I have a Goldenvale Pocahontas doll limited to 2000 pcs worldwide. I can't find any information on her.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Cute!

There are a number of variations of this gal out there and most are unsold so without more details, I may not be able to give you the best info.

Do you know if she came with a drum that her head would have been resting on? That is the most common version I know.

Does she have a headdress?

How tall is she?

Do you have the box?

Maybe with a little more info (answers to questions above) I can give you more info.

If you are doing your own research, most of the time the little hang tag you have will be gone, so sellers (who are usually flippers and have no connection to the doll or know any of her history) will simply list her as Sleeping Native American doll. Some may not even use the brand name.

Just one thing of note...most dolls say they are # of 2000 or some other low number, but many of doll companies (1970s-1990s) were very tricky in their numbering. For example, you will rarely see a doll marked with a higher number like 10 of 2000, most are marked 1 of 2000....which is very misleading when all dolls were 1 of 2000.

Doll companies never formally explained the numbering to buyers and buyers just assumed if they have 1/2000, that there would be dolls out there marked, 2 of 2000 etc. This was often not the case. Often these limited edition dolls were made in the tens of thousands and all would be marked 1/2000.

Sad, but true!

Looking forward to offering more info when I know more.

Best Answer

Does your certificate state 'Pocahontas"?
I believe she is considered a Native American doll (or/and Indian) so if you drop the Pocahontas you will probably find more dolls like yours or similar.

Check eBay listings as I did find a couple that look similar to yours (or same) but there are more than one 'sleeping' style doll. Probably different years or different measurements as well as clothing.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

Asking prices do not represent current value as listing prices are just what a seller would like to receive for their items.
However, I did find a doll like yours under eBay sold listings that recently sold for $40 plus shipping.

www.ebay.com/.../283393967226?hash=item41fb98c47a...

You can check eBay sold listings for sales as these listings show what someone was willing to pay but it does not mean that your doll will sell for the same amount or how long the sold listing was listed for sale before it sold (weeks/months/years) as some sellers list an item and just leave it hoping it will sell (many sellers have hundreds/thousands of listings that just relist every month and - yes - for years).

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Goldenvale...

But even small sellers leave listings for a long time so be prepared to 'wait' if you decide to list your doll for sale. Of course, there are always exceptions and something could sell almost immediately but that does not mean (as some new sellers might think) that your next listed item will sell that quickly.

Goldenvale does place the marking 1/2000 on almost all of their dolls and it could mean anything but usually does not mean it was the first doll in a 2,000 but sometimes it does mean there were only 2,000 dolls of the run made and it will sate this on their certificate. There may also be a doll name on this tag.
The problem is that most people no longer have this certificate so it is difficult to identify the dolls.

Dolls are very difficult to pack and ship safely and a high percentage will be broken during shipping. Also, shipping costs are very high and this just adds to the price a buyer has to pay for the doll and that money is of no benefit to the seller as they have to pay to ship.

For this - and other reasons - I would suggest you list your doll on a local venue such as Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, Facebook groups/Marketplace and list as local pick up only so there is no shipping cost and no risk of breakage.
You can start your price higher and lower it is no one shows an interest.

Answer this Question

30 More Questions

I have a Goldenvale doll; his name is Daniel. I can't find him anywhere on the internet. He is holding a saxophone.

Answers

Best Answer

These are mass-produced dolls. Goldenvale dolls sell for about $25 on the used market.

Best Answer

The company who makes Goldenvale dolls mass produces these dolls. Normally, thousands of each doll are produced at a time. Unfortunately, this makes the resale value of the doll very low. Collectors won't buy these types of dolls to add to their collections. Therefore, you can't sell the doll for more than $15 to $25.

Answer this Question

What is the going price for Goldenvale Lucia porcelain face doll?

Answers

Best Answer

They are $14.99-$29.99 on eBay.

Best Answer

There's a wide range. Here is a link you can compare your doll to:

www.ebay.com/.../goldenvale-dolls

Answer this Question

I have these John Deere dolls made by Goldenvale. There are no boxes or stands and the male is missing a shoe.

Both have hats, but I keep her's put up other than that they're in good condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Goldenvale dolls are mass-produced. They are not worth much in pristine condition. The fact that yours is missing a shoe will decrease the value even further.

Best Answer

The Goldenvale is a company that mass produces these types of dolls. If a doll is valuable it is made by a person who signs the dolls. There are a few popular doll designer who's dolls are quite valuable.

Unfortunately, Golenvale isn't one of these. Your dolls if they were complete as a set might have sold for around $40. However, with the missing shoe on the male doll this has decreased the value of your dolls. You can try selling them or starting asking the $40 for them and see what people might offer you.

Answer this Question

I can't find pictures of this doll anywhere. Do y'all know why or what this doll's name is? She sings Happy Birthday and has a pillow for feet.

Answers

Best Answer

The marking on your doll is a stand marking from the Goldenvale company. You can find this marking on all of their dolls. The 1-2000 has nothing to do with how many dolls were made of this type. It appears that all Goldenvale dolls have the same marking on them. People believe this is a number in a series of dolls that was manufactured. This is incorrect and this is how the manufacture marks their dolls.

These types of dolls from this company are mass produced and sold normally during the holidays. You can find these dolls listed on eBay and the normal asking price starts at $15 to $25. Most people cancel their listing on eBay because the dolls won't sell.

Answer this Question

I have a 4ft tall Native American Goldenvale doll. I need info on her because I haven't had any kind of luck finding out what she is worth or any information at all.

Answers

Best Answer

On eBay the doll is selling between $24.99 to $49.99 depending on the doll. This doll looks like it is mass produced and doesn't have a very high resale value.

Answer this Question

I have this doll and on the neck it has 1 2000. I can't find any information on her. It's a Goldenvale, Janet, wedding doll with a certificate.

If anyone knows anything about her please let me know.

Answers

Best Answer

I don't see much regarding this manufacturer. And I spent a lot of time on it. Surprising because they put out a lot of dolls and with a wide range of subject matter, example being 'Boris' who looks to be a Mongolian or Central Asian boy www.amazon.com/.../ref=lp_8923229011_1_1 (Affiliate Link) or this, one of many Native American dolls www.ebay.com/.../392184495446 or this elderly male African American www.ebay.com/.../254587493023 to your classic Victorian looking doll www.ebay.com/.../252964670467? I even found a John Deere Goldenvale doll! southernillinois.freeclassifieds.../.../91IDwmel3Ss=

Some seem to price as high as $100 and as low as the lowest of the sort. The collection doll market is pretty low generally.

They affirm in all their products that only 2,000 of each specimen was ever produced. They make up for that by the sheer volume of products they put out there.

It is shocking to me that I cannot locate one doll manufacturer who is responsible for this line. I can't even find where they usually sell. I have to assume that these dolls were sold in catalogues in the 90's or even the 00's and that now all that remains is the used specimens floating across ebay or whatnot.

If I had to guess it was just a line of dolls mass produced by some chinese factory such as the ones found here dolphineshow.en.alibaba.com/ or here njpolaris.en.made-in-china.com/

If I had more time I would love to really research this thing because it's insane that I cannot find any info on who produces these things

Answer this Question

I have a Goldenvale doll that has no numbers on her neck. How do I find out how when she was produced? Her name is Viola.

Answers

Best Answer

Goldenvale dolls are a mass-produced line. They are worth $25 max.

Answer this Question

I have a Florence porcelain doll made by Goldenvale; she is flawless. She stands 46 inches tall. I am curious on her value. Can anyone help me?

I have a Goldenvale doll. Her name is Maurice. She has an umbrella stand that open up her dress. How can I find any information on her and how much is she worth?

My friend gave me this doll and I wanted to know more about him/her. I can't find any information, anywhere. It just has this tag on the back of his/her neck.

When my friend gave the doll to me, its head was off, we got it sewed back on, and it's like the doll's head is too heavy, it rolls all over when it's picked up. So I have to pick it up by placing my hand under it like you would with a new born baby. Can you help me find out any information on this doll and if so, how can I find a doll stand that would support the head, and body and keep it protected.

Thank you :-)

Answers

This is a mass-produced doll. It is #1 of a lot of 2000. It is part of their Native American collection. It is worth $25 or less.

I have a Goldenvale collection doll named Beryl, what can I sell that for?

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 8, 2017
📓
😷
🎂
🎃
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Find-the-Value-of-Goldenvale-Porcelain-Dolls.html