PetsProduct Reviews

Reviews of Pet Calming Aids: Rescue Remedy, Comfort Zone, Etc.

Do products such as Rescue Remedy, Comfort Zone Spray, and the Comfort Zone plug in work? I would appreciate feedback from any of you who have tried them or know people who have tried these. I don't want to waste my money on this if it does not work.

Thank you.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

I've used Bergamot before and that worked really well. It's an oil and I dabbed some on a little piece of cloth and tied it to the bottom of my dog's collar.

I have used the comfort zone products for cats a lot. I have one cat who thinks the house is his litter box. The comfort zone stopped this behavior and he joined everyone else in using the litter box. The spray was more effective than the plug in. I keep it on hand and if he slips I spray for a couple of days and that is the end of it. I do think it makes animals more relaxed. I spray a bit in the crate before trips to the vet. After the 1st purchase (ouch!) I never minded the price. It worked so well.

I used Rescue Remedy when bringing my puppy to puppy classes. He would get so excited that he would do nothing but pull on the leash and it was exhausting to me by the end of the session. I began feeding him some soft food with a dropper of Rescue Remedy mixed in before class and what a difference! Much calmer.