Browsing: Australia Travel Photos and Information

Tell Me About Australia

This request is for our Australian family. A life long dream of mine has been to visit Australia. I'm sure I won't ever be able to. Would some of you be kind enough to tell me something about the area in which you live? Pictures would be lovely but not necessary.

Thank you so much.
Ellen, from the desert in California

I too would be very interesting in hearing about Austrailia. It's definitely a place I'd like to visit some day. Hubby & I even said we'd like to go but that was before we adopted 2 beautiful children from Russia. It was very expensive to go there twice so a big trip to Australia just isn't in the cards for quite a while... if ever. I do know one lady who went some years back and showed her wonderful slides to her friends.

include me in. thank you

Hi there Ellen. I do hope you will get the opportunity to visit our beautiful country one day. It is a land of contrasts as it covers such a huge area. Most of the population settle near the coastline, and a lot on the east coast. Sydney and Melbourne are the two biggest capital cities and I live in a seaside suburb of Melbourne, about an hour's drive out of the CBD. Victoria, the state where I live has cool to cold weather from about May to September and the rest of the months are rather mild to hot.

Australia is divided into states and territories and each has its own state government and then we have a federal government which governs all of Australia. Australia varies with deserts, tropical islands, rainforests, open plains, all of it wonderful in its own way. It can be a harsh country in places and exotic in many. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. It is so hard to tell you about our huge wonderful home in just a few lines.

Maureen

Dear Ellen, Just like Maureen, I live in a seaside suburb south of Melbourne. She has covered all the things I would have said. I too hope you get to visit some day. We have a beautiful country.

Well, I think Maureen has covered a lot well. Australia is Huge.. I also live in Melbourne,Victoria, in a northern suburb about 5ks out of the CBD.

I also lived in Fremantle (Western Australia) for 2 years. It has everything (not to boast!) rainforests and deserts, mountains, snow (in winter) beautiful beaches. The Pacific Ocean laps our shores on this (eastern side) and the Indian Ocean on the western side of the continent. As well as scenic beauty and birds and animals that are found nowhere else in the world we have a thriving art,culture, music, theatre scene.. and some say Melbourne is the shopping and restaurant capital of the world (all a matter of opnion of course! However, it has gained the title of 'Worlds Most Liveable City" Of course not just to plug my home town/state. Every state and territory has it's own unique beauty and attractions.

Do save up and come and see us 'downunder'

sometime!

Hello to all that responded to my request. Thank you for taking the time to make this old auntie happy.

You've painted such a wonderful picture that I can't think of any questions at the moment.

In my 30's I traveled extensively thru out the U.S. but now a days I can only armchair travel. I am more or less housebound.

It's so nice hearing from someone from so far away. I thank you all so much. Ellen

Tell us more. And what does CBD mean?

Oh, CBD is just short for Central Business District (the city itself)

Our seasons are the the other way around to those in the northern hemisphere, so here it is now summer and currently very hot.Heat is not my favorite thing, so summer is not my favorite season! I love it when the cooler weather comes in April.

I'm not sure what /more' I can tell you as our land is so vast, unless you have a specific state or region you would like to know about?

One name keeps coming to mind. Can someone tell me a little about Alice Springs. Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I live in Brisbane in Queensland. Here is a good site to look at for some insight:

http://www.sunz  ne/2attract.html

jojo, wonderful!!! Thank you

Kangaroo in Australia
Australia Travel Photos and Information
Travel and Recreation TravelJanuary 6, 2007
Cockatiel
Cockatiel Information and Photos
curbside trash can
Tricks to Tell When the Trash Has Been Picked Up
Sydney, Australia Sydney Opera House
Sydney, Australia - Frugal Travel Guide
Lamington Cakes
Lamington Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 10:45:57 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.