Removing Cat and Dog Hair from Bed Sheets and Blankets

I have two dogs and a mink blanket, and with it becoming summer, they are still shedding profusely. I have washed my blanket several times and dried it. The dog hair remains, not nearly as bad, but there is still plenty there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the rest of the hair off of the blanket?

By catielady09 from OH

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Take a roll of wide duct tape. Unroll just enough to wrap it around the spool backwards and stick to the beginning. Then roll this over your sheets and blankets. It'll pick it all up. If it gets full of hair and debris, simply cut off this section and roll out a fresh section. I have 2 black dogs who sleep with me and I do this every morning when I make the bed.

Best Answer

I can recommend two options. #1 purchase one of the rollers that you use to take lint off of clothing. You may go through several sheets but I know it takes all of my cats fur off of just about everything.

Oh yes, if you're near and IKEA I've found them to be the cheapest there. (They have refills too.) #2 there is a pet hair remover sponge (mine is blue) which is sold in Bed Bath & Beyond (about $5) and it seems to work really well also.

I would recommend using Fur-Zoff. It works great for getting all of my cats hair off of the furniture. I like it better then most ways because it's a "green" product and is supposed to last you forever. I believe you can find it now at http://www.FurZoff.net. I hope this is helpful! goodluck!

Answer

White cat laying on white bed. Lower body is under covers, front legs are straight and hanging off the bed
Removing Pet Hair from Bedding
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsMay 29, 2009
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 12:32:12 AM on 10.0.1.76 in 621 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.