Determining the Value of a Craft Materials Donated to Charity

What is the value of yarn to be donated to a charity? I have a large box filled with yarn for donation, as well as, patterns, knitting needles, and latch and crochet hooks. The yarn varies, some wool, some nylon, etc. and varies in color, but most is enough to make something.

By A Cohen

Best Answer

When I used to donate things if I wanted a receipt for tax purposes, I was told to estimate what you think the items are worth, you do a lump sum, not for each item.

Best Answer

Guesstimate the weight of the yarn (by types), the number of knitting needles, latch hooks, and crochet hooks (by size), then do a search on the Internet for comparable values of these items. Those figures will give you a good idea about the value of your donations.

Woman with a box labeled Donation Clothes
Determining Fair Market Value of Donations
Better Living Charity AdviceJuly 26, 2011
Belt on White Background
Craft Uses For Belts
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
stacks of fabric
Getting Fabric Donations for Charity Projects
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry