Tomato and Green Chile Salsa
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups seeded, chopped long green chilies
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of vinegar (5% vinegar) or 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro
I like to eat it fresh, but it needs a day or two days for the flavors to blend. This can also be hot packed for canning.
Source: from a book-Easy to Preserve from the University of Georgia Extension office.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 22, 2016 at 3:00:41 PM on 10.0.1.51 in 962 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us