Tomato and Green Chile Salsa
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups seeded, chopped long green chilies
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of vinegar (5% vinegar) or 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro
I like to eat it fresh, but it needs a day or two days for the flavors to blend. This can also be hot packed for canning.
Source: from a book-Easy to Preserve from the University of Georgia Extension office.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 5:18:10 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us