Browsing: Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring

Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

How do you clean PVC purple primer off of linoleum?

By Judy from Enid, OK

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have done that and I don't think there is anyway to remove the purple colored primer short of replacing the linoleum.

May 23, 2012 Flag

How I remove PVC primer off my linoleum?

By Terence

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't believe you can. Or at least I don't know of anyone who successfully ever removed PVC primer from linoleum. My suggestion is to call a plumber in your area and ask if they have a cure. They use the stuff all the time and must have some experience with spills.

January 2, 2011 Flag

The hubby spilled the purple plumber's glue on the new linoleum. I have tried everything to get it up, and nothing is working. I am to the point of cutting it out. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

By Kate from Hudson, FL

February 9, 2010 Flag

I am trying to remove a stain from vinyl flooring. I had an almost empty bottle of Oatey Purple Primer for PVC, CPVC turn upside down on a cloth which then ended up on the floor. There is a purple spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. Any ideas?

Bill from Virginia

Answers:

Oatey Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

We had the same problem and found a suggestion on the internet to try using Goof Off. I was afraid that it may damage the vinyl flooring but decided to try it anyway. It worked great. If there is damage to the finish on the vinyl, I can't see it yet. (11/23/2007)

By J. Martin

Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 2, 2011
Kilz Primer
Kilz Primer and Paint Reviews
Cutting PVC pipe
Cutting PVC Pipe
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 27, 2016 at 2:04:53 PM on 10.0.2.79 in 571 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.