Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

How do you clean PVC purple primer off of linoleum?

By Judy from Enid, OK

I have done that and I don't think there is anyway to remove the purple colored primer short of replacing the linoleum.

May 23, 2012 Flag

How I remove PVC primer off my linoleum?

By Terence

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't believe you can. Or at least I don't know of anyone who successfully ever removed PVC primer from linoleum. My suggestion is to call a plumber in your area and ask if they have a cure. They use the stuff all the time and must have some experience with spills.

January 2, 2011 Flag

The hubby spilled the purple plumber's glue on the new linoleum. I have tried everything to get it up, and nothing is working. I am to the point of cutting it out. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

By Kate from Hudson, FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 9, 2010 Flag

I am trying to remove a stain from vinyl flooring. I had an almost empty bottle of Oatey Purple Primer for PVC, CPVC turn upside down on a cloth which then ended up on the floor. There is a purple spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. Any ideas?

Bill from Virginia

Answers:

Oatey Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

We had the same problem and found a suggestion on the internet to try using Goof Off. I was afraid that it may damage the vinyl flooring but decided to try it anyway. It worked great. If there is damage to the finish on the vinyl, I can't see it yet. (11/23/2007)

By J. Martin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes