Share Crafts

Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

How do you clean PVC purple primer off of linoleum?

By Judy from Enid, OK

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Deanj 917 01/03/2011

I have done that and I don't think there is anyway to remove the purple colored primer short of replacing the linoleum.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Here are questions related to Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor.

Question: PVC Primer Removal

How I remove PVC primer off my linoleum?

By Terence

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Deanj 917 05/23/2012

I don't believe you can. Or at least I don't know of anyone who successfully ever removed PVC primer from linoleum. My suggestion is to call a plumber in your area and ask if they have a cure. They use the stuff all the time and must have some experience with spills.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

I am trying to remove a stain from vinyl flooring. I had an almost empty bottle of Oatey Purple Primer for PVC, CPVC turn upside down on a cloth which then ended up on the floor. There is a purple spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. Any ideas?

Bill from Virginia

RE: Oatey Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

We had the same problem and found a suggestion on the internet to try using Goof Off. I was afraid that it may damage the vinyl flooring but decided to try it anyway. It worked great. If there is damage to the finish on the vinyl, I can't see it yet. (11/23/2007)

By J. Martin

The hubby spilled the purple plumber's glue on the new linoleum. I have tried everything to get it up, and nothing is working. I am to the point of cutting it out. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

By Kate from Hudson, FL