Removing a PVC Purple Primer Stain on a Floor

Category Stains
PVC Pipes
Depending on the type of flooring you have this stain can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing a PVC purple primer stain on a floor.

How I remove PVC primer off my linoleum?

By Terence

I don't believe you can. Or at least I don't know of anyone who successfully ever removed PVC primer from linoleum. My suggestion is to call a plumber in your area and ask if they have a cure. They use the stuff all the time and must have some experience with spills.

I install walkin jacuzzi style tubs for a living, last week during cleanup my helper spilled some primer on a customer's bathroom floor and didn't say anything. My fault for not doing the final inspection but five days later I'm back at the house to address this issue. I am having good luck using kaboom with oxiclean foaming spray and a mr clean magic eraser.

How do you clean PVC purple primer off of linoleum?

By Judy from Enid, OK

I have done that and I don't think there is anyway to remove the purple colored primer short of replacing the linoleum.

I am trying to remove a stain from vinyl flooring. I had an almost empty bottle of Oatey Purple Primer for PVC, CPVC turn upside down on a cloth which then ended up on the floor. There is a purple spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. Any ideas?

Bill from Virginia

Answers:

Oatey Purple Primer for PVC Stain on The Floor

We had the same problem and found a suggestion on the internet to try using Goof Off. I was afraid that it may damage the vinyl flooring but decided to try it anyway. It worked great. If there is damage to the finish on the vinyl, I can't see it yet. (11/23/2007)

By J. Martin

I have purple primer droplets on a lonulem floor, how do I remove it without damaging the floor?

The hubby spilled the purple plumber's glue on the new linoleum. I have tried everything to get it up, and nothing is working. I am to the point of cutting it out. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

By Kate from Hudson, FL