Cleaning Tea Stains Off of Glass Pitcher - Categories:

DishesCleaning

Cleaning Tea Stains Off of Glass Pitcher

I make iced tea everyday. My glass pitcher has brown stains on it. How can I clean them?

Robin from Marietta,GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Fill the pitcher with hot water and drop in several denture cleaning tablets (use the cheapest kind you can find). Let sit overnight. Next day, pour the water out and wash the pitcher with a rough wash cloth (I save old ones for things like this). If the stains are built up you may have to do this several times. After that do it once a week for maintenance.

Also make a paste of baking soda and a few drops of water. Rub with cloth, tea stains will come right off.

Try some vinegar and water in it... Let it set for a while and it should come out clean as a pin.

Use salt with a little water. This works well for tea cups too. It does not scratch & is really cheap.

I use clorox clean-up on my tea stained glasses...works very well. Just be careful it is bleach and be sure to rinse well.

I find that filling the pitcher with hot water and adding a couple of tablespoons of granulated or gel dishwasher detergent, waiting an hour or so, and swishing with a cloth just makes my coffee carafe sparkle! Be sure to rinse very well. White vinegar may do it, too.

I have cleaned out vases and pitchers with a tablet of Denture cleanser and filled up with water. Let set for a few hours, shake periodically and then rinse thoroughly.

Bleach will eat away at the stains quickly. Swish and rinse.

I used to work as a waitress and we cleaned the glass containers with ice and salt placed directly in the container. You shake the container and roll it gently in your hands so the ice moves around with the salt. It worked well. All you do is rinse when complete.

I make several pots of tea every day. The easiest way to clean the pots and pitchers is to sprinkle baking soda and salt inside then use a sponge [reserved just for this use] to wipe off all the stains. Use the hottest water from your faucet to thoroughly rinse. Everything is naturaland inexpensive, too.

We have the same issue with our coffee decantor. I have found filling the decantor, or in your case your glass pitcher for tea, with water and then place an Electrosol Dishingwashing Detergent tablet in the water to dissolve. Let it sit for an hour or so, then wipe and rinse. You will have a squeeky clean container with no elbow grease needed :-)

I just used distilled white vinegar on both my glass coffee/tea pot and plastic tea pitcher and it worked very well.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 27, 2007
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 8:54:40 PM on 10.0.1.242 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.