Cleaning Tea Stains Off of Glass Pitcher

By Robin 9 49

I make iced tea everyday. My glass pitcher has brown stains on it. How can I clean them?

Robin from Marietta,GA

Showing: Answers Sort

By joan pecsek 88 545 Flag

Fill the pitcher with hot water and drop in several denture cleaning tablets (use the cheapest kind you can find). Let sit overnight. Next day, pour the water out and wash the pitcher with a rough wash cloth (I save old ones for things like this). If the stains are built up you may have to do this several times. After that do it once a week for maintenance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

Also make a paste of baking soda and a few drops of water. Rub with cloth, tea stains will come right off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marty Dick 167 967 Flag

Try some vinegar and water in it... Let it set for a while and it should come out clean as a pin.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Use salt with a little water. This works well for tea cups too. It does not scratch & is really cheap.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I use clorox clean-up on my tea stained glasses...works very well. Just be careful it is bleach and be sure to rinse well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I find that filling the pitcher with hot water and adding a couple of tablespoons of granulated or gel dishwasher detergent, waiting an hour or so, and swishing with a cloth just makes my coffee carafe sparkle! Be sure to rinse very well. White vinegar may do it, too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have cleaned out vases and pitchers with a tablet of Denture cleanser and filled up with water. Let set for a few hours, shake periodically and then rinse thoroughly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Bleach will eat away at the stains quickly. Swish and rinse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I used to work as a waitress and we cleaned the glass containers with ice and salt placed directly in the container. You shake the container and roll it gently in your hands so the ice moves around with the salt. It worked well. All you do is rinse when complete.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Hope 61 Flag

I make several pots of tea every day. The easiest way to clean the pots and pitchers is to sprinkle baking soda and salt inside then use a sponge [reserved just for this use] to wipe off all the stains. Use the hottest water from your faucet to thoroughly rinse. Everything is naturaland inexpensive, too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Elaine 1 Flag

We have the same issue with our coffee decantor. I have found filling the decantor, or in your case your glass pitcher for tea, with water and then place an Electrosol Dishingwashing Detergent tablet in the water to dissolve. Let it sit for an hour or so, then wipe and rinse. You will have a squeeky clean container with no elbow grease needed :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kathy L. 1 Flag

I just used distilled white vinegar on both my glass coffee/tea pot and plastic tea pitcher and it worked very well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 27, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:36:58 PM on 10.0.0.145 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings