"Green Eggs and Ham" Breakfast

I was learning how to read at the time Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" book was first published and thought, for nostalgia sake, this would be fun to share for the 50th year anniversary of "I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them, Sam I am." :-)

All you have to do to make fried green eggs and slice of green ham breakfast for one is to mix about 1/4 teaspoon of food coloring in about 1/3 cup of water. Separate 2 eggs whites from the yokes and mix about 2 tablespoons of the food color mixture into the egg yolks. Coat a cooked ham slice with the remaining food color mixture. Pour the whites in a heated butter coated skillet and top with the yolks in the center of the whites. Place the ham in the skillet next to the eggs and steam fry.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Ha ha I have eaten green eggs and ham. In kindergarten we read this book and the teacher made us cover our eyes while she was making the eggs. We were supposed to say magic words to make the eggs turn green but I peeked and saw her add food coloring! Thanks for reminding me of one of my oldest memories!

How fun for families with small children!

Kids at Breakfast
Kid Breakfast Ideas
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastNovember 17, 2010
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
Breakfast Cookie
Breakfast Cookie Recipes
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast Pizza Recipes