Countertop Stained With Whitening Toothpaste

My children stained my dark gray formica countertop with toothpaste (whitening toothpaste). Is there a way to restore the color or draw out the "bleached" stain?

Mike from NY

For starters, thanks for the lesson. I won't make this mistake in my future now! Who knew!?

If I were faced with this, I'd try to find a permanent marker of the same or similar color and try to "stain" it back to the original color. Hairdye might also work. You may have to do "touch-ups" every so often, but it's better than having "loud" white marks all over!!

Good luck!

Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomMay 3, 2006
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Girl Whitening Her Teeth
Whitening Your Teeth
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing