Wear Earplugs When Vacuuming

Instead of spending the money for an expensive, silent vacuum cleaner, use earplugs or your earplug music device with the volume turned up to help get rid of the noisy, annoying vacuum sound. These items are much cheaper!

By Vickie from Canton, MI

Using earplugs to block out the sound of the vacuum is a great idea. However, be cautious about using earbuds at the same time. Most vacuum cleaners run about 75-80 decibels; below 85 decibels is considered "safe". So, if your music is turned up loud enough that you are drowning out the sound of the vacuum, you are most likely pumping music directly into your ear at a dangerous level.

I agree with using earplugs only! My hearing is damaged beyond what it should be for my age because of assorted decibel abuse to them over the years and the very first question asked after results of my hearing tests were completed was how many years, how loud and how often I listened to music.

Besides, I've found after those test results that the quiet time with those earplugs in while vacuuming is truly a bonus because it gives you a few minutes to think clearly with absolutely no distractions other than your own thoughts. It's actually quite refreshing! I am giving a thumbs up for your earplug idea but I hope the music idea doesn't become popular. ;-)

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 12, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
Vacuuming Tips and Tricks
Vacuuming Tips and Tricks
🎉
🎄