Healthy Living Tips To Keep Weight Off

Keeping weight off is typically more difficult than losing it in the first place. This is a guide about healthy living tips to keep weight off.

May 30, 2008 Flag

I've been slim for about 10 years (of course with a few ups and downs!) and have just realized that there are a lot of things I have been doing over the years automatically to help keep my weight down. I don't exercise but I do try to walk places and go up stairs when I can. My food eating habits are what really changed. Here are a few suggestions:

Eating right isn't only about losing weight but about overall health. Bad diet can also age a person! I am 38 and am constantly mistaken for a university student! YAY! So spoil yourself, no need for plastic surgery or expensive wrinkle creams. Food heals and makes us beautiful inside and out!

For some yummy vegan recipes:

Enjoy!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm glad you have found something that works for you! Congratulations! We all struggle with our weight at some point in our lives. I was never overweight until I got in my fifties. Then, it seemed like nothing worked for me. The pounds kept piling on. I have finally started to lose weight, but not without help. I have always eaten low fat foods. This time, I'm eating low fat plus taking Alli. I have a friend who works for Glaxo/Smith/Kline. She stands firmly behind all their products. After researching it online, I found everyone who posted was extremely pleased with Alli and had none of the terrible effects they warn against. I have been very pleased and have not had any of the side effects. The first week I lost 3 1/2 pounds and that was a big boost to get me started. I'm confident I'll reach my goal of thirty pounds. Go Alli!!

Thank you for sharing your important message. These are tips that I am surely going to be using. As far as the 'extra good' chocolate that you mentioned in your blog, there aren't any places listed here in Connecticut. So, I'll be looking for something that is somewhat equal in my grocery store.

Thanks very much for sharing your info with us. I walk a mile every day & work in my raised bed garden, I have fresh veggies all the time & work in my flower beds also. Do what needs to be done in the house, all this helps with my weight. I stay slim all the time, good luck.

You forgot an important one - sleep! You need a minimum of 7 hours sleep to maintain your weight or lose weight.

When I was losing weight I found that some weeks I lost more than others even thought the food I ate and amount of exercise stayed the same. I started taking a look at every thing that might possible have an effect and I found that weeks where I got more sleep, I lost double or more weight that week. Started going to bed a little earlier and setting the alarm a little later and it made a big difference.

Now maintaining my loss and I find the same thing. If something happens and I don't get enough sleep, my weight starts to creep back up.

Thanks so much for the vegetarian was really helpful!

I agree with all you said except for the popcorn. It seems to give me stomach pouch. The only dairy I do eat is a cup of plain, 0 fat Greek yogurt every day. 100 calories and 24 grams of protein. YES, you read that right. 24 grams of protein for 100 calories!! The best deal going. I add a little sweetner, cinnamon and slivered almonds. My dr. said it is the best lunch for me. I don't drink milk or eat ice cream and occasionally have a little cheese on salad. Here's to feeling great and being healthy!!

I stress eat.

Just what I was looking for... Thanks

Woman Measuring Her Waist Holding Apple
Healthy Weight Loss Tips
Health & Beauty AdviceJanuary 27, 2017
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman checking the healthy recipe she is making.
Finding Healthy Recipes
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:01:06 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.