Repairing a Burn Hole in a Faux Leather Couch

I have a medium/dark colored couch. On one end there are about five small cigarette burns on the arm rest. Also, where you sit, on the same side under this arm are about five holes. I keep the arms covered with clean, new dish towels, but I don't want to have to but a towel or something on the bottom. I actually want to fix it. I think this material is called faux leather.

By Judy from Memphis

You need to get a vinly repair kit from an autoparts store or amazon.com. They make an invisibe repair when used. Two year olds are tough so hide the lighter way up high next time!

Best of luck,

Tigra

August 20, 2011 Flag

Does anyone know how to repair or camouflage a melted cigarette burn in a white faux leather corner seat? Are there patch kits available? Thanks!

By freebyrdz

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You used to be able to buy repair kits for vinyl in the hardware/automotive departments of discount stores, I don't know if they still have them, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

February 1, 2011 Flag

I have a 2 inch burn in my fake leather couch. My son who's 2yrs old struck my Zippo lighter while I was on the phone. I know that's really bad, but he dropped it because he got scared and I saw the reflection through the window I was looking out of. The flame was huge, but the hole isn't as bad as I expected it to be. But it's still bad and I need to know how I can repair this. I am so upset about the whole thing. Can anyone help?

By Lindsey from Birmingham

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Worn Faux Leather Upholstery
Repairing Faux Leather Upholstery
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasFebruary 1, 2011
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 2:40:59 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.