Soften Brown Sugar

Soften a rock-hard box of brown sugar quickly by just putting it in the microwave for 15 second or so, then check it. If it isn't soft enough, increase by 10 second intervals. Don't overdo it or you will have syrup!

By Linda

You could also use a piece of apple if you do not need it that second

Using the micro or apple are both good ideas, but what I do is put my brown sugar in a ziplock plastic bag and store in my refrigerator. It last for months and has never hardened on me, and it's nice not to have to stop and soften it before using it in a recipe.

I use the lovely air-tight "cut-glass" jar that nuts came in as a gift one holiday. It's never hard. I use it down to the last granule. So there, brown-sugar fairy!

These jars, if they are from the same place, all have matching patterns. I collected a whole set. I use them for my kitchen jars. They are lovely.

A slice of bread works just as well as an apple slice too.

Wooden Scoop of Brown Sugar
Brown Sugar Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 22, 2005
Brown Sugar
Making Brown Sugar
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄