Saving Money on Window Cleaner

Having clean windows makes everything outside look nicer. However, the cost of window cleaner can add up, especially if you have a lot of windows to clean. This is a guide about saving money on window cleaner.

February 29, 2008 Flag

Tips for saving money on window cleaner as posted from the ThriftyFun community.

Windshield Cleaner

Don't pay extra for Windex. Wait until your auto parts store has car windshield cleaner on sale and stock up. Save dollars by refilling your spray bottles at home.

By Terri

Vinegar

I just use vinegar to clean my windows. It is cheap and I always have it on hand.

By Ziggee

Dilute Vinegar Or Windshield Wiper Fluid

I have not bought window cleaner in years. Instead I make my own, in one of 2 ways: I don't use paper towels on windows either. I either use old newspapers or old cloth diapers.

By April

Hot Water

I use hot water and micro cloths. Many have asked how I get my patio doors to shine.

By Lavonneann

Vinegar and Newspaper

I use plain white vinegar and crumpled up newspapers. The ink in the newspaper shines up the glass or mirror beautifully. Easy, fast, and inexpensive!

By AnyaB

Vinegar Window Cleaner

Ingredients

Directions

Put all the ingredients into a clean spray bottle and shake to mix. Use as you would a commercial glass cleaner. Spray on glass and wipe dry with a clean cloth or newspaper.

Rubbing Alcohol

Use regular rubbing alcohol. Just a couple drops on a cottonball, paper towel or rag will clean any glass squeeky clean with no streaks for less than pennies per use.

By Mary

Dawn Ultra in Water

A couple of drops of Dawn Ultra in a spray bottle full of water works wonders on glass and mirrors. We use it everyday at the convenience store I manage. We also use it in the windshield washer container outside in the summer months. Leaves surfaces streakfree. One bottle of Dawn lasts a very long time!

Gina from Missouri

Rubbing Alcohol and Ammonia Recipe

I have the best glass cleaner recipe ever! I've been using this for over 10 years! You can also put it in your window washer container in your car. No streaks!

Mix equal parts in an empty squirt bottle.

By Jane from Anaheim, California

Do you have any ideas? Feel free to post them below.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 8 Comments

May 10, 2007 Flag

Spring cleaning has arrived and time to clean all your windows. This year I purchased an empty spray bottle for $1.00 and a gallon jug of windshield washer cleaner for $1.69. I use a squeegee for a streak free shine. Cheapest way and easy way to clean those dreaded windows.

By Carol from MA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 8 Comments

August 27, 2007 Flag

For cleaning mirrors and glass, I use windshield washer fluid and fill my spray bottle. It does the same job as the expensive glass cleaner at a fraction of the price.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

September 15, 2010 Flag

I use gallon jugs of car window washer cleaner for cleaning my house windows. I just reuse an empty spray bottle or buy a cheap one and refill as needed. It works great on cleaning them. In the spring, I use the bug cleaner one and the rest of the time I use Rainex that sheets the rain off the window. It's the cheapest way to clean the windows and works great.

Source: My sister thought of this.

By newlifeat49 from Rouses Point, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 7, 2004 Flag

I clean my windows and mirrors with cheap windshield wash. It is about $1.00 for a gallon and I use it full strength.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsSeptember 9, 2011
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Close up of Cleaning Eyeglasses
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 9:11:32 AM on 10.0.0.159 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.