Cheap and Easy Window Cleaning

Spring cleaning has arrived and time to clean all your windows. This year I purchased an empty spray bottle for $1.00 and a gallon jug of windshield washer cleaner for $1.69. I use a squeegee for a streak free shine. Cheapest way and easy way to clean those dreaded windows.

By Carol from MA

Save even more money...just re-use an empty spray bottle! You will be more earth friendly, and no one will know you don't have the name brand. GREAT IDEA!! p.s. for those who change their own motor oil: put used oil in empty windsheild wiper fluid bottle to recycle oil at your local trash/recycle drop off.

wow never thought of this and all the money I have wasted on glass cleaner ! thanks for the thumb up on this

use windshield washer cleaner and black and white newspaper to clean windows. crumble the newspaper and spray the windshield washer cleaner on windows and wipe away. it leaves no streaks and it leaves a great shine, so your windows and mirrors will look new. i have been doing this all my life and it is cheap and fast. p.s. '(the ink in newspaper makes the windows shine)

This year I used eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaner that you dilute - 1 tablespoon to a liter of water. It works on everything. I cleaned the windows first, and then the wooden sills, without having to change cleaners. Vinegar is great for windows, but it doesn't always do the job on the sills.

Carol,
Thanks for the reminder...UG! But what a great inexpensive way to do it! Loved the squeegie idea.
Also, others might want to recycle their existing windex bottles and refill with the window wash cleaner
instead of purchasing a bottle. I reuse a lot of the those plastic bottles!
Happy window cleaning!
Jennifer CA

I'm a little late reading my mail, so maybe not too many people will see this. I recently bought a micro-fiber cloth for cleaning glass and all you need to do is wet it, wring it out, and rinse after a window or two. It even cleaned the outside of the windows after a long ugly winter!

Brilliant idea and I'll bet it really works. Thanks, I'll try it. God bless you. : )

Gotta say, squeegee IS the best way to go. No wasted paper/tissue...though, the "trick" is to clean the squigee after every "pass" - so keep a damp rag on hand, to clean off the squigee.