Making a Rag Mop

Does anybody know how to make a rag mop? I have a lot of towels that have seen better days that I don't want to use in my (new) bathroom. They are still in reasonable condition if rather dingy looking but seems a pity to toss them or use them as floor cloths. A rag mop would be ideal as they would be put to good use.

Cettina from Malta, Europe

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Mattie 1 20 08/01/2008

i use the square plastic mops ,dif companies put them out, bonia is one..i cut the towels in half then just put over plastic what ever u call it,square thing and just hold it on with big rubber bands, if the towel is big enough just tie the corners together...then throw in wash and use again..old tee's work too....

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By cettina 78 392 08/01/2008

tumpy, wat a brill idea! i was thinking on the lines of cutting the towels in strips and attaching them somehow to a broomstick or watever. this way, i dont have to cut them up into strips and its so easy. less chance of fraying and more important, less time wasted! thanks for your suggestion.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Terry (Guest Post) 08/01/2008

Wonderful!! I have a bag of torn towels my hubby sometimes uses for rags and am in need of a new mop! I am thinking of tearing into strips and putting on the old mop head halved and weaving in 1 strip to hold all into place, will let you know how it goes!! Thanx for sparkling my imagination!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Pat (Guest Post) 08/01/2008

Once upon a time you could buy a mop frame for using rags or a string head. I don't know if you can still find them but I am still using mine. Maybe janitorial suppliers would have them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Linda (Guest Post) 08/01/2008

You could donate those old towels to your local animal shelter. They always need this type of stuff for the animals.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Here are questions related to Making a Rag Mop.

Question: Making Your Own Rag Mop

I want to make my own rag mop as the traditional store ones fall apart after I've used them for a month, especially if I bleach them.

By Julia from Berea, KY

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Sally Pifer [7] 08/12/2011

Try buying your mop head from a hardware store (like Home Depot) or a janitorial supply business.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No