Unsticking Superglue

My tip is the 'antidote' to Superglue, for when you stick yourself to something, your fingers together or even worse to the tube of superglue. Cooking oil and lots of patience will remove or unstick Superglue. I guarantee this, it is also what they use in hospitals if you turn up there with your eyes glued shut as someone in Australia did recently, mistaking the Super glue for eye drops in the fridge. I glued the tube to my fingers last night and removed it and separated my fingers with cooking oil. Took a bit of time and patience, but it worked and no skin off.

By Trish

Fingernail polish remover also works in unsticking super glue. However, if the area stuck is near the eyes, I would definitely use the oil.

It worked!

tk you

Thank you so much!! That advice got me out of a very sticky situation! I was trying use the superglue ..I guess the nozzle was blocked, and the next thing it had literally exploded from the side of the tube all over my hands and clothes!! The smell was overpowering.. Within seconds the glue had set all over my hands.. Luckily I had some sense and kept my fingers apart.. but it would not come off.. Acetate was useless, as was hot soapy water... Olive oil did the trick!! I'm banning the use of Superglue in our house from now on!!

Nailpolish WITH Acetone was quicker and didn't remove any skin. Pour some on and wiggle your fingers (if that's whats stuck!) together for a couple of minutes. Thanks.

omg thank you so much i had all of my toes together and it worked!

Does this work on wooden models? Accidentally stuck wrong pieces together.

Oh thank you! I stuck the tube to my face when I was gluing this broken cup back together. That was one of the most stupid things I have ever done.

I had a tube in my bag and it burst going all over my camera. Luckily the buttons still work, but its all over my screen. Should I try olive oil on it do you reckon?

I need to get super glue off of an earing thats gold. What do you guys think would work?

Dad super glued his fingers together! Used hot soapy water, was useless, nail polish remover did the trick but took time. Will try olive oil next time. He's a man, so I can guarantee there WILL be a next time!

I just glued a button from my cell phone to my finger - I'm going to go olive oil the heck of it, let's hope it works.

I randomly decided to fix a canvas painting that had torn. The super glue wasn't sticking to the wood/canvas, but I just glued my thumb and index finger to a mini tube of super glue and my middle finger was also glued to my index finger. these posts greatly assisted. I was able to patiently (and slightly anxiously) rub vegetable oil and googone.

The oil was KIND of working, but then we tried goo gone & it worked amazingly well. so goo gone is another option. thanks for all the suggestions though, figured I'd pay it forward & post my miracle substance :)

Thanks for all your advice! I glued my fingers together. The nail polished worked like a treat. Thanks guys xx

If you use witch hazel, Nail Polish Remover, Hydrogen Peroxide, Goof Off, ice, water, and Goo Gone Krazy Glue comes of in about 20 minutes.

Nail polish remover did absolutely nothing to un-stick my finger from my son's toy. However, soaking in olive oil, then spraying with WD-40, back-n-forth a few times (a couple minutes with each) did the trick with no damage to my skin!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 1, 2005
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Stack of Glass Dishes
Unsticking Glass Dishes
🎉
🎄