Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

How do I clean a wooden table that a plastic drop cloth left marks on? Thanks.

By Judy from Manistee, MI

Clean the entire top with mayonnaise. Put @ a teaspoonful directly on the wood and then distribute it with a soft cloth and rubbing until it no longer streaks. It's the only thing I use to really clean my wood furniture and it does a great job on kitchen cabinets.

I used the mayonnaise and I ker it soak on the table top for about 15minutes and after I wiped it off it looked the same. So mayonnaise does not work at all.

This worked really well on my table. I had seemingly impossible plastic stains from the back of some cheap placemats I had used with my kids. I was really surprised at how completely I was able to eliminate them using only mayonnaise and a magic eraser pad - who knew? I chose the mayonnaise suggestion over the others because I was afraid to use anything too harsh that would destroy the finish. I just wiped the table down with Old English when I was done & now it's as good as new!!

agreed. I just tried this and removed it with a microfiber cloth... does nothing.

Has anybody discovered a solution to this problem?

Try Malathion Liquide, not sure how the tabe will take it.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureAugust 10, 2010
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
🎄