Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table - Categories:

FurnitureCleaning

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

How do I clean a wooden table that a plastic drop cloth left marks on? Thanks.

By Judy from Manistee, MI

Clean the entire top with mayonnaise. Put @ a teaspoonful directly on the wood and then distribute it with a soft cloth and rubbing until it no longer streaks. It's the only thing I use to really clean my wood furniture and it does a great job on kitchen cabinets.

This worked really well on my table. I had seemingly impossible plastic stains from the back of some cheap placemats I had used with my kids. I was really surprised at how completely I was able to eliminate them using only mayonnaise and a magic eraser pad - who knew? I chose the mayonnaise suggestion over the others because I was afraid to use anything too harsh that would destroy the finish. I just wiped the table down with Old English when I was done & now it's as good as new!!

Has anybody discovered a solution to this problem?

Try Malathion Liquide, not sure how the tabe will take it.

December 27, 2011 Flag

How do I remove sticky residue from my new dining room table? I covered it with a clear plastic cover, and now the wood is stuck to the cover. I believe it has something to do with the wood not breathing. I have to fix this. Help.

By Melissa

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a link about what to do if plastic is burned onto the wood....some of these might work with your situation.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5709273_remove-burnt-plastic-wood.html

Hope this helps.

Blessings, Robyn

I have a high glass dark wooden table and I covered it with clear plastic table cover and after few months when I removed it I see annoying stains on the table that were left because of the plastic ... How do I get rid of this problem?

August 10, 2010 Flag

I got a new dark wood dining room table. I put an heirloom table runner in the center. To protect the table runner from my cat and grandkids, I put a clear plastic table cloth over the runner. When I removed the plastic several months later I found that it had left a residue on the table.

I know now that the sun on the plastic caused the problem. I tried lots of obvious things like Goo Be Gone and vinegar, WD40, etc., nothing works. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Michelle from Milwaukee, WI

Answers:

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

I would try rubbing alcohol. I know it will not hurt wood, but make sure it's okay with the stain on the wood. (04/30/2008)

By Melissa

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

Try toothpaste. The fine grit may be able to take off enough of the dampness white. (06/30/2010)

By Moonbeams

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureAugust 10, 2010
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:12:48 PM on 10.0.1.237 in 760 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.