Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

How do I clean a wooden table that a plastic drop cloth left marks on? Thanks.

By Judy from Manistee, MI

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Debbie [1]08/10/2010

Clean the entire top with mayonnaise. Put @ a teaspoonful directly on the wood and then distribute it with a soft cloth and rubbing until it no longer streaks. It's the only thing I use to really clean my wood furniture and it does a great job on kitchen cabinets.

Here are questions related to Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table.

Question: Plastic Cover Left Table Sticky

How do I remove sticky residue from my new dining room table? I covered it with a clear plastic cover, and now the wood is stuck to the cover. I believe it has something to do with the wood not breathing. I have to fix this. Help.

By Melissa

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn Fed [388]12/27/2011

Here is a link about what to do if plastic is burned onto the wood....some of these might work with your situation.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5709273_remove-burnt-plastic-wood.html
Hope this helps.

Blessings, Robyn

Question: Plastic Table Cover Left Residue

I had a clear plastic table cover on my wood dining table that left a residue. What will remove the plastic residue from my table?

By Sonny H.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

I got a new dark wood dining room table. I put an heirloom table runner in the center. To protect the table runner from my cat and grandkids, I put a clear plastic table cloth over the runner. When I removed the plastic several months later I found that it had left a residue on the table.

I know now that the sun on the plastic caused the problem. I tried lots of obvious things like Goo Be Gone and vinegar, WD40, etc., nothing works. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Michelle from Milwaukee, WI

RE: Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

I would try rubbing alcohol. I know it will not hurt wood, but make sure it's okay with the stain on the wood. (04/30/2008)

By Melissa

RE: Plastic Left Residue On Wood Table

Try toothpaste. The fine grit may be able to take off enough of the dampness white. (06/30/2010)

By Moonbeams