Caress Soap as Adhesive Remover

Recently I read on this site that Caress soap keeps mosquitoes away, so I went out and bought the bar soap and bath gel. Forget it, it doesn't work on the mosquitoes in Houston! But I started using the bath gel and noticed something unusual. I have to wear trans dermal patches and they're forever leaving adhesive residue marks on me. Well Caress took care of that problem faster than rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, Goo Gone, or Citri Solve ever cleaned that adhesive from my body.

Today I was cleaning and I've had a piece of either PVC or Scotch tape on the window over my kitchen sink that I haven't been able to remove for months, even with rubbing alcohol, etc. listed above. I used Caress bar soap with warm water on a rag, and it worked like a charm, quickly removing the plastic tape part first and then the adhesive - and it left no residue. It's almost a little unnerving to think that something you use to clean yourself also takes adhesive off glass, Oh Well! I'm excited that I found a new way of doing things.

If you try it, would you please post your results? Because I'll bet Caress, bar or gel, will remove grease and oily things too - carpet, clothing, axle grease, cooking grease, spray on degreaser, etc. Maybe I'll even try using some gel to wash my tile floors that give me fits. I'll definitely try the bar soap on stains on my laundry. Will experiment and let you know!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I am curious if it would work on my laminated bathroom floor where I get hairspray on. I will try it when I get groceries and see.

I never thought about using Caress for cleaning other than on myself -LOL- but what you say makes sense because Caress soap scum is so easy to remove from the tub and shower! I get a kick out of this new info because I've used nothing but Caress Body Bar for 38 years because I love the smell, and feel so clean and yet my skin doesn't get dried out! Who would have ever thought to use it for something else? You. ;-)

Okay, so I just now did a little test experiment. I have a large glass jar container that I store mini rice cakes in so they don't get stale before I eat them all. Anyway, the jar still had that nasty sticky on the bottom from the UPC sticker but because I have Emphysema now (and can't use things like polish remover, goo gone, etc anymore) I've just lived with the sticky (even though it drives me crazy because I am anal retentive) so I just grabbed the Caress bar out of the bath tub, turned that jar upside down (took the rice cakes out, of course), wet the edge of the bar and began rubbing on the sticky! OMG, thirty seconds and it was loosened and no more sticky! Girlfriend, patent your idea! ;-)

Laniegirl, because you have a laminate floor you might want to try one small inconspicuous spot to clean first before using on the entire floor because some laminates can be ruined by certain cleansing agents. :-(

I read somewhere maybe here about Absorbine Jr., putting a drop on the back of each knee and ear, will keep the bugs away. I haven't been able to find it to see if it works. I also read that mosquitoes perfer blondes and women who are menstruating and something else not sure what.

Now rubbing alcohol will remove trans dermal patches just find.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsJune 23, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 9:09:57 AM on 10.0.1.65 in 699 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.