Find Craft Supplies at Garage Sales

Garage sales are great. There is such an endless variety, and you never know what you will find. If you're into crafting the garage sale can be a goldmine. The goldmine is the joy you feel when you see a table full of fabric, a box filled with skeins of yarn, dozens of frames and pictures, and all priced from 10 cents to a dollar.

I found these little frames 4/$1.00, in perfect condition. I could have put little pictures in them, but opted to place my pressed flowers in them and use them on top of gift boxes, in place of cards. It was a pretty touch, and cheaper than a card or a bow.

By Deb from East Brunswick, NJ

Have been finding yarn at the dollar stores lately & a dollar for a skein of yarn is a good deal - Also finding yarn at thrift shops.

I love to find craft items at yard sales. Went to one a couple of weeks ago and bought just about everything she had. You might want to be careful about where you buy your yarn at thou, My mom has been finding some bad yarn out there and you don't know it until you are in the middle of working on a project. My mom has decided to get her yarn at one place only now.

I agree with this tip because I am a crafter and obtain most of my material and craft supplies this way. Vote in favour. Thumbs up.

I love finding a garage sale where the family has had a recent wedding, all the goodies left over, etc. I have even found Fiskar tooling items, paper curlers, cutters, etc costing a lot new, for pennies on the dollar. I collect ribbon, lace, paper, etc for any project. My nieces/nephews and own grandchildren know they can hit my stash for school projects any time.

Also, finding skirting fabric for tables, decorating from weddings are great to have. I saved all the 'stuff' from my eldest's wedding in the tulle, lace, fabric and have enough to sew beautiful dresses for their girls when they get older. We bought the same fabrics from the dresses with their 60% off coupons and decorated in many yard lengths. Carefully wrapped up again, the white tulle is ready for the next family wedding as well.

I've bought several wedding and bridesmaid dresses for next to nothing in thrift stores. Usually there from the 80s with loads of useable fabric in them. I've unpicked all the trimmings. They usually make the main background fabric for quilts, etc.

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 13, 2009
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
🎉
🎄