Make Circle Template

Being an avid crafter, I often make projects that require a circle cut from something. I would search through the house, finding an item that was the correct size circle, such as a can of soup.

I finally took a few moments one day and armed with scraps of cardboard I had saved from empty cereal boxes and such, (one never knows when one needs a piece of cardboard!), I roamed through my rooms tracing different size circles onto the cardboard. I then measured each and wrote the size inside the circle. I cut them all out and keep them as templates.

Now when I need a circle of any size, it's right there within reach. Works great!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Anonymous

This is a great idea no matter what shape! :-)

I did that when I was making the clear Christmas ornaments with" Photos". I have all the sizes marked like you did. Sure is a time saver. GG Vi

May sound strange but the "plastic" that many bacon packages have under the bacon strips would be an alternative to cardboard. Since they are quite a sturdy material there would be no change in the dimensions that you cut into/onto them the way the cardboard may change after many uses.

It may take awhile to accumulate them but in the meantime you can enjoy several BLT's!

I have used those plastic strips from bacon for many many years. I have a whole slew of them still. I have made so many templates from them as they never wear out! I use an indelible ink to write on them, although through a lot of usage, sometimes the ink starts to wear off, so I simply write it again and after a while... it stays on!

I live in Douglas Co. Oregon and we can't recycle our plastics above the number 2 now. That means I have tons of plastic lids I keep for just this kind of thing. I also use them under planters, for sorting beads and such. Plastic keeps it's shape forever and stays clean, too. Great idea!!

In These Pages
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 7, 2011
🌻
🐛
📓