Wax Paper Envelopes

If you are a card maker, you can save money on envelopes. Grab a roll of wax paper and make your own. You will need an envelope template or just cut it out free-handed.

You can put glitter, stickers, dried flowers, or anything you like between the sheets of waxed paper. Just be careful when you melt the sheets together. You could heat the paper with a high powered hair dryer, embossing gun, or your iron. They make beautiful and cheap envelopes.

By Tricia from Ridgeway, VA

WOW, I love your idea, can't wait to make some just as soon as I get some wax paper. I have been drying leaves and flowers for years, some of them break up and will work perfect between the layers.

Kudos to you and my thanks!

I make envelopes from wallpaper sample books for my cards I get free from paint stores, but can't wait to make yours.

These sound very nice, but will the post office accept these? I would hate to see them get torn up by a cancelling machine and, if they have to be hand-cancelled, you will have to pay additional postage because it's not a "standard" envelope.

It is such a good idea, I can see the beautiful image in my mind, is it possibe to post a sample picture?

Jennetta

Making Your Own Envelopes
Making Your Own Envelopes
Crafts PaperDecember 10, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Wax Paper on Wood Table
Uses for Wax Paper
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Envelopes From Magazines
DIY Envelope
Making a DIY Envelope
🎉
🎄