Maytag Front Load Washer Error Codes

My 3 yr old Maytag HE front load washer displayed an "F" code. i have followed the instructions manual to troubleshoot the problem, like Pause/Off to cancel the cycle. The problem still exists and the door will not open. I have since pulled the plug. Has anyone else had this problem before? My Maytag model # is MFW9800TQ. I would appreciate any feedback.

By rob808 from Thibodaux, LA

My front load Kenmore did that a couple of times and I had to flip the breaker (couldn't reach the plug) to get it to stop. It hasn't done it in a couple of years,,,never did discover the problem but it stopped. Maybe yours will too.

The user manual for my Maytag Neptune washer does n't have an F code. I would call Maytag at 1-888-462-9824. They will give you the name of an authorized service company to contact or maybe assist you with the reason for the F code.. According to my manual electronic controlls are covered under their warranty program.

Thank ya'll for your feedback.

foxrun41 - my Maytag epic's manual page 22 on the troubleshooting did talk about an 'f' code.

glenn's mom - I did flip the breaker as you suggested - but nothin' happens. door still cannot open the door.

since we have bot a 4 yr-extended protection plan from LOWES. I have called for service since Sunday. the technician that was assigned to my district no longer do servicing. now lowes' service plan-people is looking for another technician for my case. I was told that I have to give them a 24-hr time frame to get someone.

meantime, I am hand washing all the bare necessities (2 school going active boys) - not complaining of that. but it is a full load of towels that are still in the washer that i cannot get out ;(

Thanks for letting me vent;)

The service guy just left. my maytag washer is all better now;). The culprit was a Lucky Bean! My 12 year old son's Lucky BEAN. thought I check all pockets. the service guy found the bean in the bottom drain pipe after removing the bottom panel of the washer. That bean just shut down the whole system due to the washer sensor. Ah well, all's well n good now;)

*the service guy even gave me a bottle of cleaning liquid to clean off the mildew.