Maytag Front Load Washer Error Codes

My 3 yr old Maytag HE front load washer displayed an "F" code. i have followed the instructions manual to troubleshoot the problem, like Pause/Off to cancel the cycle. The problem still exists and the door will not open. I have since pulled the plug. Has anyone else had this problem before? My Maytag model # is MFW9800TQ. I would appreciate any feedback.

By rob808 from Thibodaux, LA

My front load Kenmore did that a couple of times and I had to flip the breaker (couldn't reach the plug) to get it to stop. It hasn't done it in a couple of years,,,never did discover the problem but it stopped. Maybe yours will too.

The user manual for my Maytag Neptune washer does n't have an F code. I would call Maytag at 1-888-462-9824. They will give you the name of an authorized service company to contact or maybe assist you with the reason for the F code.. According to my manual electronic controlls are covered under their warranty program.

Thank ya'll for your feedback.

foxrun41 - my Maytag epic's manual page 22 on the troubleshooting did talk about an 'f' code.

glenn's mom - I did flip the breaker as you suggested - but nothin' happens. door still cannot open the door.

since we have bot a 4 yr-extended protection plan from LOWES. I have called for service since Sunday. the technician that was assigned to my district no longer do servicing. now lowes' service plan-people is looking for another technician for my case. I was told that I have to give them a 24-hr time frame to get someone.

meantime, I am hand washing all the bare necessities (2 school going active boys) - not complaining of that. but it is a full load of towels that are still in the washer that i cannot get out ;(

Thanks for letting me vent;)

The service guy just left. my maytag washer is all better now;). The culprit was a Lucky Bean! My 12 year old son's Lucky BEAN. thought I check all pockets. the service guy found the bean in the bottom drain pipe after removing the bottom panel of the washer. That bean just shut down the whole system due to the washer sensor. Ah well, all's well n good now;)

*the service guy even gave me a bottle of cleaning liquid to clean off the mildew.

May 21, 2012 Flag

I have an error code 11 on my Maytag Performance Series 3000 front load washer.
What are possible causes and solutions?

By Jon C from Zanesville, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well, the manual that came with the washer should have the explanation of the codes. If you don't have the manual you could either e-mail Maytag at customer service or look in the phone book for the phone number of your local Maytag dealer. He would be able to tell you what the code means, what the fix is and any cost if there is a service call.

Made a mistake on the phone number. Correct phone number for Maytag is 1-800-344-1274

September 11, 2011 Flag

I have a Maytag Performance series front load washer. It keeps reading "suds" and then goes to f21 and won't drain. What can I do?

By Hugo

I had the same problem, My issue was a small sock that was sucked into the drain tube at the bottom of the washer. The technician removed the bottom panal and drained (a lot) of water from the tubing, then the sock came out, it had been preventing the water from draining out. It didn't seem to be a difficult repair to do on your own, Good Luck

washing machine
Maytag Washer Error Codes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 15, 2010
Whirlpool Washer
Whirlpool Washer Error Codes
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Bread Machine
Bread Machine Error Codes
🎄