Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Slimy Washcloths

Does anyone have advice for getting rid of that soapy, slimy build-up on a toweling face/wash cloth. I've tried boiling them in diluted ammonia, but it seems to make it worse. I can't keep buying new face cloths for the family.
Carolyn - South Africa.

Carolyn from South Africa

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Connie Vowles [3]12/07/2006

Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure towels, face clothes, dish clothes etc should be hung to dry completely when finished using. This helps to eliminate the slimey problem before it starts. I've done this for years and have never had the problem at all. Another thing is to not use too much soap. You only need half of what is recommened on the box. Hope this helps.

By Carolyn Trezona [10]12/07/2006

Thank you all for the info. Undoubtedly the answer is vinegar!!!

By Michelle [2]12/06/2006

Add a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
Also make note that when washing towels and wash clothes you do not need to use as much detergent as you do for clothing because it holds onto the soap causing build up.

By SHARON (Guest Post)12/06/2006

i WOULD TRY ADDING 1 CUP OF WHITE VINIGAR IN WITH WASHING, I FIND THIS WORKS FOR ME

By imaqt1962 (Guest Post)12/05/2006

vinegar will take out residue when used in the rinse cycle and leave your clothing smelling fresh. maybe use could try this

By imaqt1962 (Guest Post)12/05/2006

vinegar will take out residuewhen used in the rinse cycle and leave your clothing smelling fresh. maybe use could try this