Cala Lily (Domestic Shorthair Calico)

Cala Lily Harper Cooper a 4 month old Domestic Short Hair Calico. Currently she likes to climb and hide in the Christmas tree. And snuggle in her Notre Dame blanket.

Cali was found on Harper's Ferry Rd. by our grandchildren's neighbor Bobby Watson of Funkstown, MD. She was covered with mud, under lots of brush and weighed less then a pound. It was a wonder her tiny cry for help could be heard. Although she hissed and clawed at him he took her home to clean her up and then to the vet. The vet had said the kitten would be mean, but he was wrong, she was just frightened! Bobby and wife Julie would have loved to keep this bundle of joy except they have a senior cat who wasn't ready to accept a rambunctious little character. Our grandkids Laura, Kevin and Sean, knowing that we had lost our precious Patches about a year ago to cancer, volunteered us as parents. How glad we are that they did.

Cali is a loving "snuggler" and quickly became part of the family. PJ, our 8 year old tabby, has become a doting 'big brother' and playmate. Corky, our 4 year old Keeshond, doesn't mind having her around as long as she leaves his wagging tail alone, which most times is too tempting to resist. She is our wild child and has enriched our lives as God obviously intended.

By Hilda from Alexandria, VA

Cala is a beauty!! Isn't it great the way God brings the little furballs into our lives! I know He made them just for our hearts to be warmed--and lives to be a bit upheavaled!!

So glad you found each other.

abbie

Mom of 3 feline beauties

She is a little beauty - I love that beige foot! I, too, have an adopted kitty - she adopted me. I didn't even like cats until Miss Kitty came along, and she wormed her way into my heart. She is a very loving, snuggling cat who sleeps with me every night. Rescued pets (of which I have three - two dogs and one cat) are the absolute best. I recommend adopting to everyone I meet. God bless you and Happy New Year.

awwwwwwwwwwww shes adorable! Ive had my girl 10 yrs. She chased my car down the road when she was very tiny! I saw her in my side veiw mirror meowing and chasing my car. She had a hurt lip and a hurt tail - i pulled right over and shes been my baby ever since!

Sometimes I think the rescued ones are the friendliest, almost as though they are grateful. She's beautiful and looks oh so soft.

Gray and white domestic shorthaired cat.
Domestic Shorthair Cat Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesDecember 29, 2007
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Calico Cat
Calico Breed Information and Photos
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes
🎄