Designer Names at Thrift Shops

Get to know brands for the best thrift shop bargains! A $7 purse is nice, but a $7 Anne Klein purse is an even better value (as the original cost would be much higher, perhaps as much as $50). The brands will probably be better made, so that the item will wear better too. I just snagged a pair of Sperry Topsiders at a Goodwill for $1.99 (retail $60!)

Many purses and shoes are almost new and leather, whereas cheaper brands will be some sort of plastic. There is even the possibility of selling off those designer items again when you are tired of them and getting a decent price. My buddy says that designer things just FLY away on eBay. I read on Yahoo that shoes are one thing you should never buy used - tell that to everyone on Etsy buying classic vintage shoes!

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

Shoes and purses aren't the only designer bargains out there. I'll never forget the day I bought hubby a beautiful charcoal pinstriped Hugo Boss suit, original value $450, for $4.50 at a thrift shop. :D

Tell me something I don't know!

My sister in law lives for ebay. She buys stuff at thrift stores and yard sales and sells them on there. She bought a pair of nikes and a pair of reeboks for a dollar apiece and sold them for 20 dollars apiece. She bought a shakespeare manuscript, not sure how old but she said over 100 years, for 5 bucks at a yard sale and sold it for 150 on ebay.

Ebay is always a great place to find deals on clothing. Although sadly, some of my favorite sellers have been driven off over the last couple of years by increasing Ebay fees and competition. But a lot of them still sell, using sites Etsy and Bonanza, and even building their own websites.

Guess I'm just trying to say, don't give up too easily on your favorite sellers :) If they disappear from Ebay, see if you can email them directly and find out if they're selling somewhere else. They need your support!

Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingJuly 9, 2010
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
Finding Silver Jewelry at Thrift Shops
Finding Silver Jewelry at Thrift Shops
Vintage China Pin Cushions
Making Vintage China Pincushions
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄