Getting Rid of Fleas Naturally

Whether they are in your home, on your pet, or in your yard fleas are a nuisance to have around. Killing them without toxic chemicals is possible and affordable. This is a guide about getting rid of fleas naturally.

Filter Sort

Tip: Olive Oil for Fleas

I had feral kittens dying from a flea infestation. They were too young for treatment with commercial remedies, and tea tree oil can KILL cats at any age. As a nurse, we once had a patient who had head lice infestation that we couldn't rid of with prescription treatments. The CDC recommended olive oil left in for 4 hours and then washed out, so I decided to try it for these little (less than 3 week old) kits.

I soaked them, taking care to avoid eye and mouth areas, with the olive oil and left it on. Their mom licked them clean and not a flea since. I recommend treating moms with worming medication after treatment since fleas ingested result in worms. And I would re-treat in 7 days or any time the fleas reappear. I don't recommend ANY essential oils (tea tree, cedar, peppermint, etc.) as they can kill any small critter.

By Creeksend

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Natural Lice Shampoo For Fleas

By Gloria Hayes 19 96

Isn't it pitiful for your pet to scratch and whine, and not even be able to catch a good snooze, because fleas are tormenting him or her? Meanwhile, you are torn between watching them suffer, or taking a chance on doing more harm than good by using chemicals or medicines you don't really feel good about using.

I have a very old, blind, infirm Eskimo Spitz who I love dearly, and would be afraid to use any sort of medication or chemical on, or in, because his system is delicate now and his skin is also tender from age. I have been using this method on him, and he is just fine. I think you will love my solution:

If your pet has really thick or matted fur, or has scratched until she or he has sores, you should probably trim it back as close as possible the first time with just some scissors, so the skin can get plenty of air to help the healing process. Then go to Dollar General; they have lice killing shampoo in two-bottle packages for around $8.00. It contains pyrethrins, a natural insecticide derived from chrysanthemums, and is safe enough for small children, obviously.

Bathe your pet by diluting the shampoo a tiny bit and rubbing it deeply into her fur and skin, for several minutes, just a nice, slow all-over massage (ears too). Then submerse her into a medium amount of warm water. Rinse her off, and do not rinse her again. This will not only kill the fleas, it will keep them off for several weeks.

You can also use the garden center variety of liquid intended to spray for aphids on roses (which is also pyrethrins) in the washer for laundering her bedding and in your carpet shampooer to rid your home of the fleas.

I know this will help her, and you, feel better and you can get back to doing what you do best: lovin' that furry baby!

By dollyslaffn from Darien, GA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Child Safe Flea Treatment

I recently started to get bit. I didn't know if it was fleas or bed bugs because it was only in one room of the house until they started to spread. I have no pets so I have no idea where they are coming from. I need help. I have a two month old, so I don't want to use chemicals, but willing to try anything because I just killed two fleas in her baby crib. :[

By Fatima

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Stephanie Wolf 13 Flag

August 18, 2012Best Answer

Sprinkle your carpet with table salt and let it sit overnight. Then in the morning vacuum it up. Repeat everyday for a week. The salt dries out the eggs and larvae. Good luck! It worked for me

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,136 Flag

August 19, 2012Best Answer

Good tip. Also, put a pie tin or shallow dish under a night light. Fill with water and a little dish washing liquid. The fleas will flock to the heat, and the liquid breaks the surface adhesion to the water and they drown. Same goes for gnats or fruit flies, but it's in a cup with apple cider vinegar. Both work really well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

August 20, 2012Best Answer

I'd sprinkle salt, but leave it on for longer than a day before vacuuming it up. I also put about an inch of oil into a jar, walk around the room first thing in the morning (the fleas are hungry), pick them off of me, and put them in the jar where they drown in the oil. Do this several times during the day. You'll be surprised at how many you find. After a few weeks, they'll be gone. Unfortunately, you don't need pets to get fleas; they will often come in on you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,697 Flag

August 21, 2012Best Answer

UPDATE: we thought we had the fleas under control when I posted on the 19th. We were wrong, walking from the shower to the bedroom yesterday morning I 'collected' several fleas on my legs!

At first skeptical but made hopeful by further Internet research, my husband hotfooted it down to ASDA (British WalMart) and brought home 20lbs of cooking salt (cost £3). We sprinkled a thick layer, worked it onto carpet and upholstery with a broom. We over bought on the salt, btw, it took less than 5lbs of salt to completely cover our aprx 700 sqft of carpet and upholstery.

WOW!!! The salt works, and works very quickly! We picked a couple of fleas off of our trouser legs after we'd spread it, threw the fleas into the salted carpet and watched them die. They hopped, shorter lengths and lower heights with every hop. Finally (within seconds) those fleas went over on their sides, writhed for another couple of seconds and then simply stopped moving. Dead as doornails.

We left the salt down and this morning walked all through the house in short trousers-not one single flea.

We'll leave it down until tomorrow and then vacuum it up. We'll also repeat once a week until freezing winter hits. My husband is seriously considering going under the house and salting the crawl space to keep the fleas from congregating under the house to await our going lax with the salting (which isn't going to happen, salting the carpet and upholstery just became a regular part of my housekeeping routine).

Stefanilynn deserves a HUGE prize for tipping the Thrifty Fun community to this, it really does work, we're shocked. Salt is so much safer and so much less expensive than commercial pesticides, I am truly grateful to her for posting her reply to Fatima's question.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Diatomaceous Earth For Eliminating Fleas

By shirl123 4

I have 2 Huskies. I sprinkle diatomaceous earth on their food every day and the result is no fleas and no scratching. Each gets about 1 tablespoon depending on dog's weight.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Salt for Inexpensive Flea Prevention

By Donna S. 4 15

A dog lying on a green couch.When I lived in OK, I lived in the country as it was less expensive. However, there were fields and woods in my neighborhood. Fields and woods means lots of wild animals; including deer and mice. I constantly had fleas and ticks and they were a nasty problem, for a while. They were in the yard, in the house, in my bed and everywhere.

I finally spoke with a veterinarian and I was told to sprinkle salt everywhere I had fleas and ticks. "The rock salt you get when you make ice cream is best for the yard, but just regular table salt works great also." the vet said. I used the rock salt in the yard and the table salt in the house because I really didn't want to vacuum up rock salt. It worked great. No more fleas or ticks, and the yard did not suffer any damage to it, like when you put ice melt down.

The rest of the time I lived in OK and since I moved to NE, I have not had severe problems with fleas or ticks. When I notice some in the house, I just get the salt shaker out and get rid of them. Then, I sprinkle some rock salt in the yard to make sure I don't bring anymore into the house. My dog has only had fleas once.

By Donna S. from Beatrice, NE

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Quick and Safe Remedy for Fleas

By J.White 1

Salt. Baking Soda. Apple Cider Vinegar. Lavender. Mint. Teatree Oil.

Before bed, sprinkle salt along all baseboards and along floors around furniture. You can also do this before you leave the house for the day. Simply vacuum up after you have allowed it to sit over night or during a work day. Lavender scented salts can be diluted in water as a spray. Spray on fabrics, curtains, couches, etc.

Bathe your animals in Teatree oil shampoo. We keep fresh mint growing around our porch, as fleas dislike mint. Pull some out of the garden and lay the mint leaves in areas where your animals sleep. Also safe to rub the mint in your palms and give the animal a nice pet massage. Can steep the mint in water for a spray as well. Salt and baking soda will kill fleas. Lavender, mint, eucalyptus, and teatree are all great deterrents.

Soak nylon pet collars in a mixture of lavender, mint, etc. for a homemade flea collar. These do not have to be essential oils. Even lavender scented lotions and shampoos work great. We mop our floors with apple cider vinegar.

We did this and we were flea free in two days.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Article: Healthy Pets: 5 Tips For Organic Flea Control

By EllenB 795 1

Puppy and kitten.Does your dog or cat have a flea problem? Many commercially available flea remedies contain synthetic pesticides like organophosphates and carbamares. This includes common sprays, powders, rinses, lotions, and those dreaded flimsy white collars that keep your pet's head immersed in a constant cloud of toxins. Read the label. It will tell you to avoid getting these products on your skin, yet tell you cover your pet's skin thoroughly! So instead of running to the pet store, here are 5 safe and effective remedies to cure flea infestations organically.

1. Herbal Shampoos: These can be used once a week, but not so often they dry out your pet's skin. Keep in mind that once your pet is wet, fleas will quickly move to higher ground. For this reason, it's wise to create a "shampoo ring" around your pet's neck before wetting the rest of their body so fleas cannot escape to their head. Shampoos containing pine cedar, bergamot, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, citronella, rose, juniper, or geranium are all effective. Certain strong-smelling herbs (citrus, rosemary, cloves, pennyroyal, lemongrass, rue) are considered cat repellents and should only be used on dogs. Comb your pet daily with a flea comb between shampoos to stimulate the skin's natural oils.
    2. Beneficial Nematodes: This outdoor treatment is usually associated with controlling certain garden insects, but these micro-organisms eat flea larvae, too. Look for names like Fleabusters, Bio Flea Halt! And Interrupt! To apply, follow label directions carefully.
    3. Team Borax: Sprinkle borax laundry detergent over carpet and furniture (work it into your carpet until you don't see any residue by "skating" over it with your shoes). The detergent works by dehydrating the adult fleas and the larvae. If necessary, repeat every three months during flea season to keep fleas away. Baking soda will also work in a similar way.
    4. Diatomaceous Earth: This works in the same way as detergent, by drying out adult fleas and their larvae. Use food grade diatomaceous earth. This can also be dusted on the animal's coat, but only sparingly, as it is very drying to their skin.
    5. Citrus Oil Rinse: Use this on dogs only. Cut up citrus peel into chucks (lemon, grapefruit, oranges) and simmer it in pan of water for 15 minutes. Cool completely. Pour over your dog's fur so it covers the skin thoroughly-paying close attention to areas that are hard for your pet to reach.

Other Flea Control Tips

Clean your house thoroughly. This means vacuuming furniture and rugs daily (especially pet areas), and washing pet bedding in hot water and drying it on high heat. Vacuuming alone can remove up to 30% of the larvae and up to 60% of flea eggs from carpet. Flea eggs can survive in vacuum cleaner bags, so when you're done vacuuming throw the bag out, or stick it in the freezer for a few hours before reattaching it.

Keep Your Pet Healthy. The absolute best way to avoid flea problems is to keep your pet healthy. Fleas will seldom take up residence on a dog or cat that has a healthy coat and skin, but on animals with dry, itchy skin, or hot spots it's a different story. Exercise your pets regularly, and feed them a high-quality pet food (your own cooking or an organic food is best) that contains whole vegetables and whole meats (not meat by-products). Avoid foods with added "meals" (corn, soy, etc.) or other fillers, or those that contain artificial colorings and preservatives, such as BHA and BHT, propyl, gallate, sodium nitrite, and ethoxyquin (a known pesticide).

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas

By Fazy 2 1

Looking for a safe way to rid our trailer of fleas that won't be harmful to us or our little dog?
    Thank you in advance for any and all helpful hints.

By Fazy from FL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 893 Flag

Hi - be sure to give your dog a bath with Original Dawn dish soap to kill their "personal" fleas in addition to everything else you try. I have been told that flea eggs hatch everyday for 7-10 days so that is how long you will have to work on getting rid of them.

Don't forget the outside even if your dog is an "inside" dog as fleas are carried in on animals and people. Try to treat the area you use the most.

Look up flea control on Thrifty as there are lots of good suggestions.

Fleas are very bad for small animals and I even had to have a small dog given a blood transfusion years ago so this is something you will want to work on until they are gone - and then keep a weekly schedule as a preventive measure.

Someone mentioned using Seven Dust but I do not believe this available anymore as I have tried everywhere in Florida and the stores say they can no longer sell straight Seven Dust (either 5% or 10%). If someone finds it I sure would like to know if it is in the state of Florida! I loved it for plants and bug control.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas Naturally

I really need to get rid of fleas on my cat. I am wondering if baking soda will help in the carpet and maybe on the cat.

By Karen K from Lowell, MI

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Marianne Alexander O. 4 Flag

Perhaps she meant Borax?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By sbobo 5 3

What can I put on my furniture to rid it of fleas? They are driving me nuts; I have used borax and diatomaceous earth. I need to use all natural because both my dog and I have allergies. Any help is greatly appreciated!

By sbobo from Tacoma, WA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda N. 1 Flag

Baby oil, alcohol, and cloves do a search.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By becky 1

I have used Frontline on my dogs and cat. One dog almost died. I have used salt on the carpet and still have fleas. What can I do now?

By Becky from CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By gaye_mcgann 3 Flag

Where are you buying the Dry Borax ? I can't seem to find it any where. Also I was told that garlic is deadly to dogs.

is it just the fresh garlic ? Gaye

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas

By makaylabryant72 1

What can I use to get rid of fleas with a newborn baby in the house?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sheilah Link 5 328 Flag

Into a white bowl or dish or even a lid put water mixed with some liquid dish soap and mix, but do not make suds. Fleas are attracted to white. Set this on the floor with a candle or other warm light source. The heat also attracts the fleas. The fleas will jump, land in the soapy water, and drown as the soap makes it impossible for them to escape. Next you must remove the source--the cats and dogs--from the house.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Salt to Kill Fleas

Should the salt be made into a powder before putting it on the carpet?

By Ann G.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cricket 205 895 Flag

Salt should not be used at all on the carpet or furniture.

Think about it. Your pets (and children if you have any, especially little ones) will be walking, laying, playing and everything else on those carpets. No matter how well you vacuum there will still be salt in the fibers, which will get into their paws and fur (and onto children's hands and feet). Then the pets and children will be using those same paws, hands and feet to rub their eyes with from the irritation the salt has caused their eyes. It can be extremely painful and extremely dangerous to your pets and to your children.

The same thing goes for Borax. Either one can possibly cause blindness.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas in the House

I recently moved in to an apartment that has fleas. I do not have any pets nor do I have carpets, its all hardwood floors. I am currently pregnant and have two small children so I would not like to use chemicals. Please help!

By Jessica

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,136 Flag

The first tip is correct. It does work every time. But, you don't have to use Dawn. Any dish washing liquid works because it breaks up the surface adhesion on the water which allows the fleas to drown.

Another good tip is to sprinkle salt on your floors and leave over night. Vacuum each morning and dump the bag outside... don't leave it in the machine. It will take time but these two tips will get rid of them.

PBP

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Diatomaceous Earth as an Effective Flea Killer

By apchickenfoot 1

Diatomaceous earth is a big help in ridding the home of fleas. It acts as a dessicant by drying out the shell of the flea and "cutting" it.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Vacuum Fleas from Cat

By Philip R. 1

Our old cat sadly passed away. Every time the vacuum cleaner was switched on, he would appear. Yes, no cleaning would be done until he was done first He would turn over to vacuum each side with the pipe. He had no fleas.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Using Diatomaceous Earth to Control Fleas in Carpets

Has anyone heard of using DE this way? I like the idea of using salt also. I do not think boric acid can really be called safe. I think the cat could get really sick from it.
        The other product, diatomaceous comes from diatoms which I think comes from sea coral. Ground up it becomes silica which slices up the fleas and is safe for pets and humans.

By catfish hunter

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By GodBlestWoman 8 Flag

ONLY use food grade DE! The other is used in pool filters and has harmful chemicals in it! You can also sprinkle this on your furkids to control fleas.

However, keep this away from eyes and nose, both of your pets and you. Use in small amounts.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Food Grade DE for Flea Prevention

By wlee 1

The best and most economical flea prevention tip is the use of Food Grade DE (diatomaceous earth) powder. You can purchase it very cheaply (approx. $5.00 for two pounds), place in a shaker can, and sprinkle around your home. It's best to use it in corners, doorways, cracks, carpeting, bedding, and directly on your cat or dog.

Caution; It MUST be food grade, the type used for pool filtering is lethal. Putting DE powder on your animals and around the home will penetrate the hard shell of a flea, dehydrate it, therefore killing the flea. It can be used outside, in the doghouse, kennel, pen, entryways, etc.

This is best used as a prevention. It doesn't work well if you are infested with fleas. DE can be sprinkled on food as a dog wormer also. Quite often when you have fleas, the dogs will have worms from ingesting the fleas.

Source: This tip comes from years working as a volunteer Golden Retriever Rescue unit and passionate dog lover.

By wlee from Northeast NH

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas Without Pesticides

By Lucy 1 1

Black dog in yard near a pink water tub.How can I rid my dogs of fleas without using chemicals?

By Lucy

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ISABELLE 1 Flag

Wash your dog with Dawn dishwashing liquid.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Flea Life Cycle

By Alice 1

How long can fleas live without a host?

By Alice from Long Beach, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

We bought a house that had sat empty for about 18 months. The previous owners had a dog. We moved in and the place was full of fleas so, at least 18 months!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas

I need a remedy for fleas, with no money to buy anything. My dog has got fleas so bad, that when I gave him a bath he was actually bleeding from being bitten. Please help.

By FULLER

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By nelliemary 22 63 Flag

Fleas are killed by soapy water. Bathe your dog with blue Dawn dish soap. Also you might use a flea comb to help with this. The vet is always the best thing but you said you needed an inexpensive way. It won't be permanent but should help some.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas

By Delores J. 1

Can I give my dog garlic pills?

By Dddjjj

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny 9 1,256 Flag

Garlic and onion can cause hemolytic anemia in dogs and cats. It can be fatal. You might get away with it but I wouldnt take the chance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Natural Flea Remedy

By marcy 4

Please help me. My dogs have never had fleas before. I think since the Houston drought and heat last year and heat and rain this year, the fleas are terrible. My whole subdivision is having problems. We are having mosquitoes and fleas. What is the best natural flea killer for pets, home, and yard? Your help is so much appreciated.

By Helen B

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By vicki hood 4 563 Flag

Biggest flea breeder is your carpet. Sift 2 cups of 20 mule team borax for average room into carpet, their bed and furniture. Leave for 2 weeks before vacuuming. Natural, effective - good thing. No flea shampoo. That is poison. No flea collars. That enters their liver and kidneys.

Use 2 soapings of dawn or any bar soap. Cedercide (internet order) for the yard. No corn wheat or soy in the diet and - no vaccines. Part raw diet. Nothing from the pet aisle at the grocers. Improve immune system with granules from nzymes.Com. Kibble that is no more expensive than Purina is diamond lamb and rice available at feed store or co op. Fungal itch, foot itch, use the amber only colored Listerine. No pink no blue no blue or any other color. Skin issues on horses/livestock often cleared with brownish/amber colored Listerine. Dip feet too. No rinse. Don't put it in their eyes, please. Kiss them regularly, spoil them rotten as they are family members. My girlfriend has a pit bull who has saved her life 3 times now. Robbers,rattlesnake and rapist.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas

By jonathanha 1 3

For the past few days I have been sitting on my couch picking fleas off my puppy putting them in a cup of water then washing them down the drain. I can't use any of the flea combs because her hair is too short. This is especially true during the summer because she has her summer coat on. I am just wondering if there is a better way to take them off. She is a Chihuahua and too small for any treatments. Any suggestions?

By jonathanha

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By vicki hood 4 563 Flag

Dry 20 Mule Team Borax (2 to 2 and 1/2 cups per average carpeted room), I put it in a sifter or veggie drainer and spread over carpet, dog bed, couch etc. Leave for 2 weeks and vacuum. 2 weeks to complete life cycle of egg - larvae - and adult. Good reports although I have not tried is rock salt in the yard.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joyce 3 1

How do you get rid of fleas naturally?

By Joyce

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ilovesophie 20 164 Flag

There is a website www.deadbugsnaturally.com. 1-800-227-6616. It is called Diatect International. Supposedly, the way it works is that it is ground up sea shells and when it comes in contact with fleas, it breaks down the flea's outer shell or body. It is called "Results Flea and Tick Killer" I've never used it - just read about it. One thing that I would discuss with a vet before using it is that on the back of the container it says, "Hazards to humans and domestic animals" so I don't know why one would use it on a pet if it's considered hazardous. Anyway, something to check out with your vet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Fleas Safely

How can I safety get rid of fleas in a children's play yard?

By klinghard

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By merlene smith 4 311 Flag

Gardens Alive has a product that contains nematodes that eat the flea larvae. I got it when we had a bad infestation and I have not had a flea since, it's been several years. It is environmentally friendly, no poison etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Natural Flea Remedy

By Texas Hard 1

How do I get rid of fleas naturally?

By Texas Hard from TN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Marsha 1 267 Flag

Food-grade only Diatomaceous Earth. Fleas and tics, all internal parasites will be gone in a few short weeks. Depending on the size of the dog or kitty, sprinkle it right onto their food. From 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoons of it every day. Put some in an old sock and dust it all over the fur, being careful not to get it in their eyes and don't let them or you breathe it in too much. It's really great though, and can be used on any age animal. Even nursing mother dogs and cats. It will not hurt the babies but will insure them to be "bug-free" as well. Can be purchased online, and just be absolutely sure it's food grade.

MisMachado

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Homemade Flea Treatment

By Patty Hunt 3 23

Does anyone have a homemade recipe to get rid of and prevent fleas?

By Patty

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

I have 2 indoor cats. I was treating them with Revolution up until a few months a go, I then noticed my youngest male started over grooming. I found it just on the front of his arms.

I started doing research and it was either because he's bored or they where saying it could be fleas. I have never noticed any on him or my other girl and I constantly give him belly rubs, so then I found one on his paw. Now I'm thinking he's allergic to flea bites, so I then started putting a drop or two of apple cider vinegar in their water bowls. I gave them both a bath and then did a rinse with apple cider vinegar and water, half and half. I later found a recipe with acv, water, salt, and baking soda. The only thing is they don't say how often to spray it on them, like once a day, twice a day, once a week?

And I also have been putting salt in the front door carpet, in cracks of couch, chair, bed, their beds, but not directly on their their beds, but under the blanket, under my sheets, in the cracks of furniture and I make sure I rub it in good in carpet. I use a little, but I read a lot about using the salt method and I was just wondering why you are saying it's bad? I understand about them getting it in there eyes, but are there other health reasons not to? I just want to know all the info, I'm just trying to do all my research and if I find or hear something really bad I want to know to stop, but if you or anyone can give me any info on the acv mix question and fill me in more about why the salt method is bad, I would appreciate to hear it.

If anybody has any home remedies for flea bite allergies or if he is over grooming does any one have any ideas for that, and if they are pulling out their hair, is that from the fleas, like the allergy? Please help. Thank you

By Mandy M from Cornwall, Ontario

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use A Flea Comb

I use a fine tooth flea comb on my cats daily and never have any flea problems!

By Holly

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
        Home and Garden Pest Control FleasOctober 17, 2011
        ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
        On the beach scratching fleas.
        Getting Rid of Sand Fleas
        Dog Scratching at Fleas
        Getting Rid of Fleas in Your Yard
        Man scratching his head.
        Getting Rid of Fleas in Human Hair
        Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 8:22:16 AM on 10.0.2.234 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsProducts
        NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
        Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
        BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
        CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings