Denatured Alcohol for Stain Removal

Denatured alcohol (paint/hardware dept.) will remove Sharpie and other inks from most surfaces (haven't found one it won't work on yet). Put it in a spray or squeeze bottle, spritz it on the mark (it doesn't take much) and wipe off. Repeat if necessary.

I use it a lot at work and have gotten it on me with no weakened or fade-out spots on my jeans, scrubs, or work towel. These have been washed 100+ times so I would definitely test it on color-fast materials or carpet first to make sure.

It will also dry moisture quickly. I use it in my shower and on my windows before I put on suction cups or stickers and will also help in the removal of the glue that stickers leave behind.

By Handy Sandie from Tallapoosa

Please remember to be extremely careful where you use denatured alchohol as it is highly flammable and should be used with proper ventilation.

Campers use it as fuel for their little alcohol stoves so it will burn if you light it with a match, but the fumes are minimal & NOT highly flammable. It is quite safe for putting on cleaning cloths while inside and safe for storing in plastic containers (unlike mineral spirits). I use it to clean my knitting machine, including the needles and both the metal and plastic machine parts. Adding a few drops of sewing machine oil also inhibits rust.