Denatured Alcohol for Stain Removal

Denatured alcohol (paint/hardware dept.) will remove Sharpie and other inks from most surfaces (haven't found one it won't work on yet). Put it in a spray or squeeze bottle, spritz it on the mark (it doesn't take much) and wipe off. Repeat if necessary.

I use it a lot at work and have gotten it on me with no weakened or fade-out spots on my jeans, scrubs, or work towel. These have been washed 100+ times so I would definitely test it on color-fast materials or carpet first to make sure.

It will also dry moisture quickly. I use it in my shower and on my windows before I put on suction cups or stickers and will also help in the removal of the glue that stickers leave behind.

By Handy Sandie from Tallapoosa

Please remember to be extremely careful where you use denatured alchohol as it is highly flammable and should be used with proper ventilation.

can of denatured alcohol and terrycloth rag
Cleaning with Denatured Alcohol
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsNovember 6, 2006
Isopropyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol Stain on Wood Furniture
Champagne glasses at a wedding.
Serving Alcohol at a Wedding
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
A bottle of rubbing alcohol.
Fixing Rubbing Alcohol Stains on Wood