Keep Your Whole House Smelling Sweet

Want to keep your whole house smelling sweet, especially closets, bathrooms, garage, laundry room, etc.? I keep approximately one half cup of baking soda in a container (box, baby food jar, or bowl) with holes punched in top of container when needed, and put them around the house. After 3 months I refill them and use the old soda in trash can, garbage disposal, washing clothes, or down the drains.

By Sharon - Belair, MD

Hi Sharon

Guess where I live? Yes, you guessed it. Bel Air! How's that for coincidence?

So baking soda really works? And all I need is a half cup? Do you put some in every room of the house or just the places with odor problems? Baking soda is inexpensive, so I might try it.

I just placed another reply about simmering potpourri on the stove. It works great filling my apt with a great scent, but it's hard to remember to keep checking it so the water doesn't all evaporate. With my forgetfulness, it's not a real safe thing to do!

Best wishes for 2006,

Donna M.

A box of baking soda.
Using Baking Soda for Odors
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsOctober 14, 2005
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
Clothing stored in a closet.
Keeping Clothes Smelling Fresh
Keeping Your House Smelling Nice With Smokers
🎉
🎄