Tea Tree Oil as Insect Repellent

Instead of spending good money on expensive insect repellent, dab a few drops of tea tree oil on most of your pulse-points like your wrists, behind the ears and knees. Don't forget to dab a drop atop of your cleavage, ladies!

I have used this for years as a repellent and if you forget to use it, it will also heal bad insect bites. I personally love the smell too.

By Jeta from Cumbria, UK

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I, too, love tea tree oil. It is also good as an antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial medicine.

Sounds great, but where can i find tea tree oil? Health food store?

I live in the UK. We can buy it in any supermarket eg. Tesco, Asda,etc.

Most probably in USA, it's the same. I know that healthfood shops carry it too, over here.

Is it effective against Mosquitoes?

I'm sure you all know to keep it (and you wearing it) far away from cats and some dogs. It's been known to cause seizures and sometimes death.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Lavender Essential Oil
Using Essential Oils
Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 26, 2011
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Tea Tree Oil
Using Tea Tree Oil for Dogs
Tea Tree Oil
Uses for Tea Tree Oil
Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 4:40:41 AM on 10.0.0.36 in 513 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.