Tea Tree Oil as Insect Repellent

Instead of spending good money on expensive insect repellent, dab a few drops of tea tree oil on most of your pulse-points like your wrists, behind the ears and knees. Don't forget to dab a drop atop of your cleavage, ladies!

I have used this for years as a repellent and if you forget to use it, it will also heal bad insect bites. I personally love the smell too.

By Jeta from Cumbria, UK

I, too, love tea tree oil. It is also good as an antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial medicine.

Sounds great, but where can i find tea tree oil? Health food store?

I live in the UK. We can buy it in any supermarket eg. Tesco, Asda,etc.

Most probably in USA, it's the same. I know that healthfood shops carry it too, over here.

Is it effective against Mosquitoes?

I'm sure you all know to keep it (and you wearing it) far away from cats and some dogs. It's been known to cause seizures and sometimes death.

I am currently covered in bites from being out in the garden and have just mixed aloe vera gel, coconut oil and tea tree essential oil together and covered my self in it. I really hope this works! The itching has stopped, but hacen't been outside again yet. Fingers crossed! :-)

Lavender Essential Oil
Using Essential Oils
Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 26, 2011
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Uses for Tea Tree Oil
Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents