How Long Does it Take for a Dog to Have Puppies?

How many weeks does it take for a yorkie to have puppies?

Traci from Fairburn, GA

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Usually 57-65 days. Good LUck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dana 1 123 Flag

When it comes to a pregnant Yorkie, please take her to the vet! I believe in thriftiness, but your dogs life is not a good area to economize. Please please PLEASE, avoid life threatening complications by taking your dog to the vet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I always use 60 days as a guide. She will tell you when it's time if you watch her closely. Mine gets ansty and sometimes clingy on the day of delivery.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

63 days

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judith Muelling 37 Flag

From what I've seen on the Discovery channel, it's 63 days.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

it takes 63 days

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

hi..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

It takes about 59-63 days. Anything before or after 59-63 the pups might be dead!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

It takes anywhere from 59 to 65 days, but it's best if the puppies are born after about 62 days.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My girl is 61 days and she hasn't been showing any signs of pregnancy. She hasn't been making a nest or showing any signs to the babies but I can feel and see the babies moving so they are alive. Is she just not ready or not sure what to do? It's the first time for her to have babies.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

What sign should I look for? When my dog is getting ready to have the puppies?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How can u tell if your dog is pregnant? My dog did it just today so I was wondering how to tell if she is. It is her first litter to so any help plz answer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I got my dog breed back in the middle of May or sometime. It is now August and she still hasn't had any puppies. But she is showing every sign that she showed before she had her puppies last time. For about a week she has had a milky substance on her tits and she has been nesting in the extra bedroom. And still no puppies...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

She is on day 65, now should I be worried?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

It takes about 2 months for a dog to have babies. Y will notice by the way it acts it will be fatter and it will like to rest a lot. Remember to feed it more food for the babies can be nice and healthy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

It depends on what type of dog you have the days can very by how many puppies they have, how old they are, and the breed of your dog and the father.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thanks for your help every one. My dog is pregnant. x :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kaye 7 Flag

Actually a bitch will whelp 63 days after ovulation (not mating) +/- 4 days. Sperm is viable for a minimum of 48 hrs which can effect the gestation period. I have been breeding golden retrievers & german shepherds for a number of years.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

March 18, 2011 Flag

It takes about 59-63 days.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rottweilers4Life 1 Flag

Thanks for the amount of days I was getting worried.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Johnathon A. 1 Flag

My dog is having babies.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Dog Her with Puppies
Helping Your Dog Deliver Puppies
Previous
Pets DogsMay 30, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Dog Her with Puppies
Helping Your Dog Deliver Puppies
Dog With Her Puppies
Caring for a Dog and Her Puppies
A pregnant golden retriever.
Caring for a Pregnant Dog
Puppy Chewing on Boot
Preventing Puppies From Chewing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:05:11 PM on 10.0.1.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings