Asparagus with Ginger
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2" (5 cm) lengths
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan. Add ginger and green onions. Cook gently for about a minute - until you can smell onion & ginger.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar & honey. Add to skillet and cook
for 1 minute. Don't overcook.
NOTE: When buying asparagus look for fat stalks with tightly
closed tips. Trim the bottom off. If it's tough keep cutting small portions off the end until it's more tender. Or you can peel the tough end, then the inside of the stalk won't be tough.
Asparagus is delicious without seasoning. Lay in 1 - 2 inches of water and cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Asparagus will turn bright green & bend easily when cooked.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 4:11:11 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us