Super Glue On Hands

How can I remove dried super glue from my hands?

Mrs. Umar

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Nail polish remover w/ acitone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have gotten super glue on my fingers and use hand cream to work into it and comes off with some rubbing the hand cream into skin. Alot easier on fingers than nail polish.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Missy 202 Flag

I had this happen to me last night. I was using super glue and didn't bother to use the tip that comes with it and got glue all over my fingers. That is the worst feeling! I was out of nail polish remover so I used an emery board on my fingers instead. I basically sanded the glue off! It worked, I used lotion on my hands after washing them real good and this morning you can't even tell I had glue all over. They're so soft!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By tricia ashley 1 1 Flag

My daughter recently got a bad cut on her arm and the doctor super glued(yes, real super glue)it instead in stitches. The doctor said not to apply neosporin or petrolium jelly to the wound because it was the antidote for super glue. Give it a try!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

use neosporin it worked for me

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By suzanne 277 750 Flag

THE NAILM FILE WORKED REALLY GOOD. THANK GOODNESS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO UNTIL I REMEMBERED THIS WEBSITE

BLESS YOU ALL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just got Super Glue on my thumb and didn't realize it until it was dry and uncomfortable.

I used a little hand lotion and rubbed it on my thumb for about 90 seconds and it peeled right off in big pieces.

Simple solution that I wish I'd learned sooner!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I would like to know how to remove Super Glue from you fingernail, can you help me?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Petrolium Jelly, followed by dish detergent. Better than hand cream or acetone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just got Super Glue on my fingers and while I was reading these posts, I thought of something. I recently bought a Ped Egg that removes dry skin and calluses from feet. I tried it on the places where the Super Glue was and it worked. It took the glue off without hurting my skin.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just wanted to say that, I had super glue all over my fingers and of course freaked out, I checked this post and tried the neosporin and it worked like a charm. You rub it on the areas that are affected and then I took a nail file and it really worked great, thanks for the advice.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

So thankful for this page! We didn't have acetone or Vaseline, but we did have A&D ointment based on petroleum jelly. It worked, zero pain and as if nothing happened.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Terrific tips! I just had super glue all over my hand and no access to acetone. I didn't have petroleum jelly or neosporin, but I used petroleum-based lip balm that I had in my work desk drawer and a nail file. whoo hoo! All gone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Nothing worked for me. Any other ideas? Do you use the nail file while the neosporin is still on the fingers? Any ideas how to get it off corian counters?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ariana Victoria 1 Flag

All I did to remove a thick coat of superglue from my fingers & back of my hand was use a nail file.

I filed away at the superglue spots for about 3 minutes and WALLAH! All of it was gone, and left my hands soft.

I was concerned that using a nail file would rub my skin raw, but it doesn't at all...just softens it. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Angela 1 Flag

Thank you to all posts! I had an incident today with super glue all over my hands. Nail polish remover was not working so I tried the Vaseline and nail file trick. Instead of a nail file though, I used a large buffing square - worked really well. Took some time but it worked. Thank you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 17, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Clothing
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Super Glue
Uses for Super Glue
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 6:16:14 PM on 10.0.0.218 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings