Cleaning an Old Doll

I bought two old dolls. They have glass eyes and there is a white powder on them. They open and close and have eye lashes. How do I clean them without damaging them? They were made in the 30's.

By Sharon from AR

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am a doll collector. wash the dolls eyes with dish soap and water. then, put sewing machine oil on the eyes. When you put the doll away to store, put her face down, to protect her eyes. I have learned this from antique doll dealers.

Answer

I have ball point pen on a vintage doll's face. How do I remove it?

By yikes from Alberta

Cleaning an Old Doll

I just read and noted the following. I believe it was on this site. To remove ink from vinyl dolls, spread acne cream on the ink and put it the sun. The ink will vanish. I hope it works for you. (09/01/2009)

By irisbird

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a 30 year old doll that was my mom's and she passed a few months ago. The doll's face is real sticky and blotchy and there are some spots on her hands. Please help me clean it.

Berdee

Cleaning an Old Doll

The doll is probably rubber. You can use something like 409, and then rinse it off. Rubbing alcohol takes off ink, also. (09/15/2005)

By

Cleaning an Old Doll

Contact a doll collector's club. They should know, or be able to find out, about your doll and its composition (what it's made of). Best of all they should be able to tell you how to clean and restore it without ruining it. Best of luck with your special treasure. (09/16/2005)

By kidsNclutter

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousFebruary 23, 2010
Making a No-Sew Sock Baby Doll
Making a No-Sew Sock Baby Doll
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Vintage Doll
Cleaning Vintage Doll Clothes
Bookcase Doll House
Making a Bookcase Doll House
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 6, 2016 at 9:29:49 AM on 10.0.0.141 in 282 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.