Musty Smelling Sink Drain

What can I do to get rid of a musty smell coming from the sink drain?

Stephen from Penns Creek, PA

Pour in some baking soda with a little water and let it sit a while. vguy

Spray the drain hole with Greased Lightning, enough for it to run down into the drain. Then pour a little into the drain and let it sit for a few minutes. Put hot water in your sink and use a plunger to swish the water up and down in the drain. You will remove a lot of gunk by doing this. I have a plunger that I use for my kitchen and bathroom drains. I wrote "Kitchen" on it so I don't get it mixed up with the commode plunger. This is the way I keep my drains clean and flowing.

Pour baking soda down the drain and let it sit for a while, then pour some white vinegar down the drain, too. IT will bubble up and help clean the trap and the pipes leading up from it.

I pour about 2 cups of clorox down my sink drains about every 2 weeks or anytime you notice odors. it works great. also, avoid pouring grease down your sink at anytime. I also swear by new MR CLEAN W/ FEBREZE for any cleaning job. It smells great and cleans even better.

Baking soda is recommended to freshen drains. Put water in with it,as vguy says. Don't bother with vinegar -- it will neutralize the baking soda, so it wont' do its job. If you use bleach, do not use it with the baking soda, as they may combine and cause a poisonous gas. Don't mix bleach with anything except detergent. Nothing else is safe.

Homemade Drain Cleaner

Pour 1/4 cup baking soda into your drain, add 1 cup white vinegar. Allow this to bubble for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup boiling water, & let stand for 5 minutes longer. Then flush running tap water through for a few minutes. If you have a double sink, do one side first before doing the other side. Not both at the same time.

sink drain
Cleaning Smelly Drains
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceOctober 13, 2008
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Must Leather Couch
Removing Musty Smell From Leather Furniture
Musty Smelling Carpet
Cleaning Musty Smelling Carpets
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink